The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newly restored account is trying to download php files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marjwyatt, May 27, 2016.

1. marjwyatt

marjwyatt Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I'm in the process of manually transferring cPanels from my soon-to-be-retired reseller account at Site5 to a newly acquired VPS server on A2 Hosting. Up until today, the process I've used to do that has worked perfectly. Each migrated account is running a WordPress site.

Complete Server Details:
    /etc/redhat-release:CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
    /usr/local/cpanel/version:11.56.0.21
    /var/cpanel/envtype:virtuozzo
    CPANEL=release
    Server version: Apache/2.4.18 (Unix)
    Server built: Dec 31 2015 16:27:10
    Cpanel::Easy::Apache v3.32.8 rev9999
    PHP: 5.5.32 (cli) (built: Feb 10 2016 14:58:51)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies
    mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.49, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

This is the command I'm using to restore the cPanel backups:
    Code:
    /scripts/restorepkg <username> --force <filename>
    For several other restores, I merely had to remove the ApacheHandler statement at the beginning of the .htaccess file for that account and the problem went away. Not so with the account I moved this morning.

In an effort to isolate the issue, I first went back to the account on the old server and deleted the PHP Handler from both the cPanel there and the statement in the .htaccess file for that account. I ran another cPanel backup and, when the package restore completed, I had the same problem.

Next, I blew away all the files that had been restored from the package, performed a backup of the WordPress site on the old server using a plugin called BackupBuddy, uploaded the resulting zip along with the importbuddy.php script, and set about the process to restore/migrate the site. When I executed the command, that account offered to download the importbuddy.php file rather than execute it. In other words, there was no .htaccess file dictating methods for handling the php script.

I've verified that the ownership of the account is correct and the file/folder permissions are the same as other migrated accounts. There is no apparent error in that account's log files.

I'm out of ideas. I truly hope someone can offer wisdom for me.

2. marjwyatt

marjwyatt Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    A friend of mine side-barred with me and helped me out. He performed the following command:
    Code:
    find . -iname “*htaccess*”
    This is the first site I ever launched in my life so there were some lingering .htaccess files in plugin folders that have since been renamed.

I'm sorry to be a bother here. I'm "dusting off" Unix server administration skills that I haven't used in years.

Infopro likes this.
  3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Good to hear you got it going. :)