The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News/Notices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sburns1992, Jul 9, 2010.

1. sburns1992

sburns1992 Member

Hello,
    I am just wondering, is there a way to show different notices in cPanel to individual users?

I know the notices can be changed for global cPanel's or 'your' customers, but I would like to find out if there's something that I can do to show different notices to different users,

Thanks.

2. sburns1992

sburns1992 Member

*Bump*
    Can anyone help please :)

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    No way to do this that I'm aware of.

4. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

The only way you could do this would be to make a reseller user to hold each of these different accounts (these accounts would need to be owned by that reseller), then check News Modification in WHM > Reseller Center > Edit reseller privileges & nameservers area for the reseller account that would own these other accounts.

At that point, you could then log into WHM as that reseller, go to Modify cPanel/WHM News area, and there will be a box with this above it:

cPanel News (displayed in all of your customers cPanels):

This would then allow the accounts owned by that reseller to see that individual news item in their cPanel. If you wanted some customers on a set package to see some news item and some on another package to see another, having them owned by different reseller users you create might well be worthwhile to do this. You could then even have different branding or themes for these users as it would be like putting them into different groups by sorting them into different reseller owned accounts.