The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newsletter not sending properly

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by testlab, Oct 5, 2014.

1. testlab

testlab Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

First of all I want to thank cPanel for a great job! You guys came a long way! I remember the first beta! I was a member of this board but forgot my user name and password and even email I used back in the day.

I just rented a VPS with:

4 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz , 4GB of memory and a 90GB SSD HD to start off. It has installed CentOS 6 with WHM and all the little bells and whistles.

-----------------------------------

Problem I'm having now:

I dont know what it is but every mailing list I send I get about half bounce back at me. If I send 10,000 about 4 send successfully and the rest as failed. I know this list of emails are good because every email in this list are customers that I had for over 3 years now. So there must be a problem/setting in the server that is making half the list fail.

I used to send it using constant contact and all went fine! every single customer was getting there news and product updates but now Im trying to do this myself of course to save some money and I get these failings.

What I want to know is there a certain settings on the email configuration section in WHM or in Exim to make these errors fix? I did set the server to unlimited sending. Also the server loads stay around 0.53 and the highest is 1.45. The memory of the server is fine too at 25% when sending mass mail.

Can anyone suggest any settings that I can do to the server?

Thank you for all your help :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Newsletter not sending right, Please help

Hello :)

What are some of the specific bounce messages that you receive? You can review the actual bounced messages or browse /var/log/exim_mainlog to get a better idea of why the messages bounced.

Thank you.

3. HH-Abdullah

HH-Abdullah Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

I suppose you were using an external email provider before?

Moving to your own emailing setup, make sure the IP address you are on is not blacklisted anywhere and also set a reverse DNS on it. This can cause the mails being rejected as well.

4. testlab

testlab Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Hello, HH-Abdullah

Yes I was using Constant contact and now Interspire Email Marketing on the server. I also tried out Atomic Mail Sender and SendBlaster and still same problem.

I was at first sending the email using the wrong SMTP port but now it all fot fixed and still sending emails 1 per second and only doing about half of the list. The emails that are not being sent are either getting deferred or failing as I see in WHM. I also see them in the Queue manager. I tried to force send them but still no good.

Like I have mentioned I know these are good email because they are current customers.

"How do I check if IP is blacklisted?

Thank you for the help!

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

What are the specific errors or failure messages that you see in the mail queue when attempting to deliver the message?

Thank you.

6. testlab

testlab Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Hello,

Sorry for the big late reply I was in away in business.

Ok now Iv been trying to do this right, still lets say 10,000 out of 15,000 emails are being deferrals. This never happend when I was using constant contact. I know they have different better systems than what I have but I also know there should be a fix to all these deferrals since these are clients of ours that still do business today.

Where can I find that log?

Thank you

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Hello :)

You can review the actual bounced messages in the mail queue option within Web Host Manager or search /var/log/exim_mainlog through the command line to get a better idea of why the messages bounced.

Thank you.