cPanel & WHM Version

finna

Registered
Apr 4, 2021
Madripoor
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I enabled NGINX after reading of it's availability and watching the demonstration video with cPanelAdam.

Now getting the following error on Anacron job 'cron.daily':

Bash:
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

Could not determine owner of “127.0.0.1”
error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/nginx/domains/127.0.0.1-ssl_log of '/var/log/nginx/domains/* '
isa check for "path" failed: Pattern given instead of single file (logrotate’s `sharedscripts` enabled?)
error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/nginx/domains/cpanel.* of '/var/log/nginx/domains/* '
isa check for "path" failed: Pattern given instead of single file (logrotate’s `sharedscripts` enabled?)
error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/nginx/domains/cpanel.*-bytes_log of '/var/log/nginx/domains/* '
Some system info:

operating_system_name: centos
operating_system_version: 7

WHM Version:
version: 11.94.0.4

Thanks

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'm not finding much on my end for this error as there are many similar cron messages, but not that specific issue with nginx. I did send @cPanelAdam a message on this, but he actually has today off so I won't hear back until tomorrow. I'll keep this thread marked as new for now and let you know once I have more details.

allpar

Sep 16, 2005
FWIW, I do have it, but only when run by cron; not when entered manually.:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/nginx/domains/127.0.0.1 of '/var/log/nginx/domains/* '
error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/nginx/domains/127.0.0.1-bytes_log of '/var/log/nginx/domains/* '
error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/nginx/domains/127.0.0.1-ssl_log of '/var/log/nginx/domains/* '

(and so on)

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The update for case EA_9673, which is what the original case of CPANEL-36504 was turned into, was released on April 14. Since it is an EasyApache update, it is not tied to a specific version of cPanel.

@allpar - can you let me know what version of ea-nginx you are using? 1.19.9 or higher would have the fix applied.