The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nginx Confirmation: What are the differences between nginx installers for cPanel?

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by GaryT, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

I see 3 different types of nginx and it confuses the s**t out of me knowing who is who and what is what...

whats the difference ?

Currently I'm on the paid one which is 5USD a month but when I see some of the configs on here I don't actually see the files and such :rolleyes:

Only come to me this yesterday and it was coming to me that I maybe thick :D

But noo I was right.. Lots of versions so I need your opinions on what I should do..

Ta Ta :p

edit: Title is supposed to say: Nginx Confirmation

#1 GaryT, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    #2 kernow, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  3. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

so what would you go for ? Honestly...

see the way I see things is paid is usually good and you get support, and updates.

whats the difference between them

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The thread title is now revised; I included some additional detail to help further describe the unique topic of discussion. :)

5. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

Just noticed and you corrected my typo :P Thanks Don.

But I'm sure there are others with confusion on this !

6. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What's the difference? From someone who's tried both, here's the difference between the two:

Paid:
    This script at last test (a couple months back) was poorly done, had major issues with wildcard subdomains, and the staff behind it had all kinds of attitude when (not) trying to provide help. Typical of most developers, they insisted it was a 'server problem', when in fact it was their script causing problems, and refused to listen to anything different.

Free:
    As soon as I gave up on the attitude of the paid version's staff, I noticed the 'free' version. Downloaded, installed, setup, and it works oh so perfectly. Updates are regular, and it just works oob (even more proof that the paid script has issues).

Other than the above listed stuff, you're not going to see much difference in the two. The interfaces are pretty much similar. Which to use? You're not going to get ANY more support with the paid version, you owe it to yourself to try to get this one working first. It's a pretty easy task, and you'll love it.

There's a few tweaks that need to be made for things like major upload sites, but overalll, it's not that hard to follow.

7. syslint

syslint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What we can say is just go with the cpnginx.com plugin latest version 5.0 and test it your self. If you don't have a very highly / badly customized cpanel , it will just works fine. We have proof to show a lot of people came back to cpnginx.com after getting issues with free plugin. You can check on webhosting talk threads to see a lot of people recommend it . And you only see one complaint from the same person . PM me for more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.