The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nginx timeout and speed

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by droidman, Mar 24, 2011.

1. droidman

droidman Active Member

I run nginx on a VPS with 2GB ram and a pretty decent processor, it is not the cheapest vps almost like a dedicated server, i used nginx at first to improve web speed but i now face some problems since i dont know how to make a proper nginx administration like i did with apache, for example, how do i setup the timeout?
    When i upload a very big file using HTTP if it takes more than 2 minutes nginx makes a timeout and shows an error, is there a way to increase this value like i do with php and apache ?
    Also, i send a lot of e-mails, anyone has a good configuration for e-mail marketing using nginx to improve the server speed and cpu usage?

Thanks in advance ;)

2. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

you can increase timeout from nginx.conf

client_header_timeout 3m;
    client_body_timeout 3m;
    send_timeout 3m;

for email marketing you better use an ESP (i don't see any connection to nginx)

3. droidman

droidman Active Member

sory for my ignorance but what is ESP ?

4. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I believe they were referring to an Email Service Provider. Some people like to be lazy and abbreviate everything.
    If you're running into huge upload timeouts, you want to increase this to more than 3 minutes, because it will take more than 3 minutes to upload (most) large files.