The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nginx UNINSTALL help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lc62003, Dec 1, 2012.

1. lc62003

lc62003 Member

Oct 24, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I'll will try to make a long story short. :D Installed "NGINX on cPanel the easy way" on server #1 using these directions: How To: Install NGINX on cPanel the easy way | WHM Security

All appeared fine so the next day installed it on server #2. Immediately had problems, site down, nginx "down" in CP. About that time find out one of the domains on server 1 is down (two still work fine?)

After much troubleshooting (uninstall/reinstall with no changes....) decide to uninstall. Server 1 still has two working domains and one not working.

Server two is more critical to me, is a bit stranger, but hopefully an easier fix. php open_base must be off or the site does not work. WHM, cp, webmail can no longer be reached be url appendix (/whm, /cpanel, etc). They also can no longer be reached by hostname url ( but CAN be reached by Actually, directly typing 2087 does not work either, must be 2086 which will redirect. Weird.

Anyway I have two elephants on my hands. The only way to eat them is one bite at a time. Any help is MUCH appreciated!!! Thanks!!

BTW both are Cento 6.3. :)