Nick add "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,787
10
318
back woods of NC, USA
Nick adds "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

Per my request Nick has gone above and beyond call of duty and added what I feel was a much needed feature in WHM /cPanel. For those of you on Edge you may notice a feature manager in the package area of WHM. This alows you to set features for feature themes that are applied to packages. Now WHM let's you manage FEATURE enabled skins in real time!!!!!! This changes everything!!! Now we can easily manage features on and off for different packages.

Right now Bluelagoon has the html to support it. I have been testing for 2 days and so far LOVE it!!! Thanks Nick!!!!!!! :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 
Last edited:

Website Rob

Well-Known Member
Mar 23, 2002
1,501
1
318
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sure sounds nice, if only I could find it.

WHM 6.4.2
Cpanel 6.4.2-E3
RedHat 7.3

WHM > Packages

Add a New Package

Delete Packages

Edit Packages

BTW, in WHM the theme name is 'blue' not 'bluelagoon' -- which is for Cpanel. ;)

There is no mention of this at: http://layer1.cpanel.net/ChangeLog

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 
Last edited:

casey

Well-Known Member
Jan 17, 2003
2,288
0
191
Originally posted by Website Rob
Sure sounds nice, if only I could find it.

WHM 6.4.2
Cpanel 6.4.2-E3
RedHat 7.3

WHM > Packages

Add a New Package

Delete Packages

Edit Packages

BTW, in WHM the theme name is 'blue' not 'bluelagoon' -- which is for Cpanel. ;)

There is no mention of this at: http://layer1.cpanel.net/ChangeLog

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
It's there:

Tue May 20 14:54:32 EDT 2003
6.x Build#12
---------------------------------------------------------------

feature manager
---------------------------------------------------------------

If you upgrade to build 12 and look in one of the original whm themes you can see it. It is not available yet in Xskin and other addon themes.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

jamesbond

Well-Known Member
Oct 9, 2002
737
1
168
Great! My wishes have come true!....well.. this one at least :D

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

sexy_guy

Well-Known Member
Mar 19, 2003
847
0
166
Re: Nick adds "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rpmws
Per my request Nick has gone above and beyond call of duty and added what I feel was a much needed feature in WHM /cPanel. For those of you on Edge you may notice a feature manager in the package area of WHM. This alows you to set features for feature themes that are applied to packages. Now WHM let's you manage FEATURE enabled skins in real time!!!!!! This changes everything!!! Now we can easily manage features on and off for different packages.

Right now Bluelagoon has the html to support it. I have been testing for 2 days and so far LOVE it!!! Thanks Nick!!!!!!! :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Less attention should be payed to feature requests and more to existing bug fixes. For example, Exim would be more of a valued fix than anything coupled with all the bugs listed in the forums that we have been posting about for months on end which have not been fixed. If you want something like that, buy RvSkin.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,787
10
318
back woods of NC, USA
Re: Re: Nick adds "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sexy_guy
Less attention should be payed to feature requests and more to existing bug fixes. For example, Exim would be more of a valued fix than anything coupled with all the bugs listed in the forums that we have been posting about for months on end which have not been fixed. If you want something like that, buy RvSkin.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
One of the reasons many people complain here for the same reason as you is all the added self-install scripts and other features in the control panels. We say fix other bugs and stop adding features!!! well this single feature will allow us to remove many of these unwanted items from clients control panels. This allows us to take out in real-time some of the very things you worry about. These "features" that are being added or have been.

I did buy RVSkin ..nice product!!! first class job!!!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

sexy_guy

Well-Known Member
Mar 19, 2003
847
0
166
Re: Re: Re: Nick adds "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rpmws
One of the reasons many people complain here for the same reason as you is all the added self-install scripts and other features in the control panels. We say fix other bugs and stop adding features!!! well this single feature will allow us to remove many of these unwanted items from clients control panels. This allows us to take out in real-time some of the very things you worry about. These "features" that are being added or have been.

I did buy RVSkin ..nice product!!! first class job!!!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Thats not true at all. I am running virgin version of Cpanel, nothing added by us at all. We expect things like, Hotlinking, change password, domain creation and deletions, exim etc to all work. Its all basic and part of Cpanel. That that is a very small list of the problems.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,787
10
318
back woods of NC, USA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Nick adds "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sexy_guy
Thats not true at all. I am running virgin version of Cpanel, nothing added by us at all. We expect things like, Hotlinking, change password, domain creation and deletions, exim etc to all work. Its all basic and part of Cpanel. That that is a very small list of the problems.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
sexy_guy ..I know what you are saying :) In fact I have been running stripped down skins for ever. When they added "add-on domains" and "parked domains" and "hotlink-protection" and all that stuff. About 50 of my shared clients that had bigger packages with the default theme went trigger happy and created a huge mess in the httpd.conf. I see this all the time. The host that runs default iconic themes gets new features overnight and wakes up to problems they have no clue what customers are asking about.

Maybe you didn't get the entire meaning of what this enhancement means. This allows you to show or hide ALL items in the control panel. So if you have problems with hotlinking for example you can turn it off or have issues with add-on domains. Turn it off. In affect you don't have to take these more "buggy" enhancements until you are ready for them and you don't spoil your cleints with something you later wish you can take away.

On the Exim issue .. Nick and I spent a full hour on that. We looked at 3 cases of local mail in cue for my boxs. all 3 were delayed for locked pop sessions. Well all 3 in my case were sitting less than 1 hour. Nick told me that the retry for exim was changed by default to 1 hour (down from 15 minutes). on the spot he added a feature in "tweak settings" for mail retry. It works. However since then I have noticed local mail being stuck still in there for well over the 20 minutes I set mine to. Mail will run again at the set interval but it's like it skips over local bound mail. I will work with Nick on this. It's a big deal to many of us. Especially for mail that could deliver in a micro second.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

sexy_guy

Well-Known Member
Mar 19, 2003
847
0
166
I tried this on the default theme. Removed check marks from SSH, Formail, cgiemail and not only was it not disabled but it still showed on the menus. :confused:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

howard111

Member
May 23, 2003
15
0
151
WHERE IS THE BLUELAGOON THEME FOR WHM

I have WHM version: WHM 6.4.2 Cpanel 6.4.2-R24 RedHat 7.3

There is no ability to load WMH Theme "Blue Lagoon"

Where is it hiding?

Howard

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

howard111

Member
May 23, 2003
15
0
151
BLUE LAGOON CANNOT BE ADD IN WHM

Blue lagoon, vertex and xskin are add-on options in WHM, but when you select them and SAVE them, the only one that installs in addition to the color themes is XSKIN.

Vertex and Bluelagoon refuse to install to WHM, except that they do appear in the Modify Account area and can be selected for adding to a hosted domain.

PUZZLES ME???????????


Howard

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

SoftmegUK

Well-Known Member
Feb 13, 2002
368
0
316
UK
Bluelagoon and Vertex are CPANEL skins not for WHM! To edit the feature manager change WHM skin to something like orange or black. :p
 
Last edited:

Website Rob

Well-Known Member
Mar 23, 2002
1,501
1
318
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Originally posted by Website Rob
BTW, in WHM the theme name is 'blue' not 'bluelagoon' -- which is for Cpanel. ;)
cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

howard111

Member
May 23, 2003
15
0
151
STILL CAN'T ACCESS FEATURE MANAGER IN WHM

I did change theme to "blue" in WHM, but still get the below message and still features are not available in drop down menu.


"This feature is still being tested, feel free to avoid using it.

The feature manager allows you to disable/enable features inside of each users cPanel. Currently only the bluelagoon theme supports this feature, however the default and iconic themes will support it shortly. At the current time this feature only removes the links to each feature from the menu; Soon it will block manual access of each feature as well (once this feature has left the testing stage). A special feature list called "default" is included that will affect all users. If you disable a feature in the default theme it will be disabled in every users cPanel, unless another feature list grants them the feature. Once you build a feature list you should edit a package and assign the feature list to the pacakge."

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

Website Rob

Well-Known Member
Mar 23, 2002
1,501
1
318
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Underneath that text, do you see the following:

Add a New Feature List
Feature List Name: [Add]

Edit a Feature List
(default) [Edit]

Delete a Feature List [Delete]

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

howard111

Member
May 23, 2003
15
0
151
No ability to see features list in Pakcgaes

Using bluelagoon theme all I see under packages is:

Packages
Add a New Package

Delete Packages

Edit Packages


I do not see:

Add a New Feature List
Feature List Name: [Add]

Edit a Feature List
(default) [Edit]

Delete a Feature List [Delete]


HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,787
10
318
back woods of NC, USA
Go to edge build.

make sure WHM is using the orange theme. Login as root.

scrool down to "Packages" and you will see "public test feature manager"

click it. click add feature set... make a name and then select what features you want in that feature set. save.

Now make a package ..any package ..select the "bluelagoon" theme for that package, down at bottom you will see it when you make the package..select the feature set you just made. Upgrade / downgrade account on a account you admin. upgrade to the package you just made (the one with this feature set) now log into that cpanel and see the bluelagoon theme hide features you un-checked.

works on all 3 boxes I have.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

howard111

Member
May 23, 2003
15
0
151
You said I should go to "Edge Build".

How do I do that?

The rest of your instructions I am clear on.

Thanks.

Howard

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

howard111

Member
May 23, 2003
15
0
151
CONFUSED

Am a new user.

Do not understand where to go, what to do?


Go to edge build.

make sure WHM is using the orange theme. Login as root.

scrool down to "Packages" and you will see "public test feature manager"

click it. click add feature set... make a name and then select what features you want in that feature set. save.

Now make a package ..any package ..select the "bluelagoon" theme for that package, down at bottom you will see it when you make the package..select the feature set you just made. Upgrade / downgrade account on a account you admin. upgrade to the package you just made (the one with this feature set) now log into that cpanel and see the bluelagoon theme hide features you un-checked.

works on all 3 boxes I have.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: