Nick add "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

howard111

Member
May 23, 2003
15
0
151
FIGURED IT ALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Did not have to go to edge build.

Did not have to use the orange theme....
the theme called Blue is actually Bluelagoon.

I simply selected the blue theme and all was well.

Thanks.

Howard

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,787
10
318
back woods of NC, USA
Re: FIGURED IT ALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by howard111
Did not have to go to edge build.

Did not have to use the orange theme....
the theme called Blue is actually Bluelagoon.

I simply selected the blue theme and all was well.

Thanks.

Howard

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
never heard of it.. I use WHM orange or black theme. I **thought** you had to change the update settings to bleeding **EDGE** ..but you got it working ..what ya think so far???

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

lordkinjo

Active Member
Sep 21, 2002
35
0
156
Re: Re: FIGURED IT ALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rpmws
never heard of it.. I use WHM orange or black theme. I **thought** you had to change the update settings to bleeding **EDGE** ..but you got it working ..what ya think so far???

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
You do have to go to the edge release to get higher than 6.4.2 build 35.

I created a new feature list, then created a package with that feature list and... BAM.. No problem. I can now control the cpanel features on the fly and not have to mess with the html.

As said before this currently works only with bluelagoon

THis is real nice although all the 3rd party templates out there will probably have to be tweeked now...

Thanks Guys

Colin

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

Juanra

Well-Known Member
Sep 22, 2001
777
0
316
Spain
Re: FIGURED IT ALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by howard111
Did not have to go to edge build.

Did not have to use the orange theme....
the theme called Blue is actually Bluelagoon.

I simply selected the blue theme and all was well.
blue and orange are WHM themes. bluelagoon is a Cpanel theme. You need both a WHM theme that has a link to the feature manager (like blue, or orange, or canarias :P), and a Cpanel theme that will use the feature lists you define in WHM (only bluelagoon at the moment).

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

myusername

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Mar 6, 2003
693
1
168
chown -R us.*yourbase*
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Great idea, but of course it is full of bugs.

There is only two ways a user would add a feature list:

1. make a new plan, assign a feature list
2. edit an existing plan's feature list

Either way you set it up, no matter what feature list you have associated with which plan, they all use the default feture list.

Anyone else show similar?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,787
10
318
back woods of NC, USA
Originally posted by myusername
Great idea, but of course it is full of bugs.

There is only two ways a user would add a feature list:

1. make a new plan, assign a feature list
2. edit an existing plan's feature list

Either way you set it up, no matter what feature list you have associated with which plan, they all use the default feture list.

Anyone else show similar?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Humm .. I made a feature list for each package I offer. I then go in and "Modify packages" and assign the correct "feature set" to each package. The system then fixes each account to use that feature list. Works like it should for me.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

tAzMaNiAc

Well-Known Member
Feb 16, 2003
558
0
166
Sachse, TX
Re: Re: FIGURED IT ALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Juanra
blue and orange are WHM themes. bluelagoon is a Cpanel theme. You need both a WHM theme that has a link to the feature manager (like blue, or orange, or canarias :P), and a Cpanel theme that will use the feature lists you define in WHM (only bluelagoon at the moment).

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
And XSkins 2.0 WHM has this added.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

beekeeper

Active Member
Apr 28, 2003
44
0
156
Melbourne, Australia
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nick adds "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rpmws
sexy_guy ..I know what you are saying :) In fact I have been running stripped down skins for ever....
Hi rpmws,

How does one go about stripping out particular control panel elements?

Could you please post some guidelines?

TIA,
John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,787
10
318
back woods of NC, USA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nick adds "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

Originally posted by beekeeper
Hi rpmws,

How does one go about stripping out particular control panel elements?

Could you please post some guidelines?

TIA,
John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Sure :) it's pretty easy.
Requirements:
1.) you need to be using one of the most recent versions. Maybe EDGE ? not sure. I know EDGE has this for sure
2.) your WHM skin you are using needs to have this feature in it. It's called "Feature Manager" (under the "packages" section. The "X" WHM skin has it as well as the blue,black and orange WHM skins.
3.) you need to make sure the CP skin you want to use this on supports these features as well. I know that the "x" skin and "x-mail" skins do.

Steps:
1.) click on "feature manage" in the (packages) section of WHM.
2.) make a name for a feature list. Example "gold-plan"
3.) enter that name and submit it.
4.) next you should see a huge list with check boxes where you can select what items you want to show in this particular feature list .. the "gold-plan" in our case. submit changes to save.
5.) Next ..let's say you have a plan called the "gold-plan". Go into "edit packages".. pick the "gold-plan". Modify the parameters as you wish and pay attention to the theme / skin selection at the bottom. You will need to select a skin that supports "features" ..in my case I use "x" skin. I know it supports it.
6.) you will also see the drop down for "feature list" ..select the feature list (gold-plan) .. the one you just made.
7.) save the changes and watch all your domains / accounts that use the "gold-plan" package get updated.
8) log into any "gold-plan" control panel account and verify that features you have "on" are there and features you have "off' are not.
9) adjust these "feature lists" in the "feature manager" at any time. Changes are instant.

If you decide to add a new feature to a lesser plan at some point that is using the supporting theme already. All you have to do is edit the "feature list" for that package and all accounts will see the changes. Hope this helps :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

beekeeper

Active Member
Apr 28, 2003
44
0
156
Melbourne, Australia
Whoops. Sorry I should have snipped a bit more of your earlier post. :(

What I meant was how have you stripped features before the feature manager was introduced?

My read on this was that you manually altered the files/code to modify the default feature set with any particular theme.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,787
10
318
back woods of NC, USA
Originally posted by beekeeper
Whoops. Sorry I should have snipped a bit more of your earlier post. :(

What I meant was how have you stripped features before the feature manager was introduced?

My read on this was that you manually altered the files/code to modify the default feature set with any particular theme.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
back in late 99' early 2000' I guess it was . .when I first set up my servers .. all I did was make about 5 copies of the default theme and then name each different names. Then edit each theme to fit the plan I chose to put it on. Problem was ..1.) time consuming 2.) start over and do it all again after changes were made to the skins by cPanel.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

sexy_guy

Well-Known Member
Mar 19, 2003
847
0
166
Re: Nick adds "FEATURE" manager in WHM!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rpmws
Per my request Nick has gone above and beyond call of duty and added what I feel was a much needed feature in WHM /cPanel. For those of you on Edge you may notice a feature manager in the package area of WHM. This alows you to set features for feature themes that are applied to packages. Now WHM let's you manage FEATURE enabled skins in real time!!!!!! This changes everything!!! Now we can easily manage features on and off for different packages.

Right now Bluelagoon has the html to support it. I have been testing for 2 days and so far LOVE it!!! Thanks Nick!!!!!!! :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
I dont see what the use of this feature is if this works on some menus and not others. It does not work on the default theme, i wish they would get rid of this theme already but since its still there we cannot restrict its use, and it only works with X and X2 that i know of. I havent tested the other themes but surely they could make it work across the board. Also if you look at my post from yesterday you will find the options that are still left out of being hidden that were never programmed.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

dxer

Well-Known Member
Sep 9, 2002
306
0
166
Europe
Hi !

I would like to remove Server status from cPanel as I think that client is not suppose to see server status as this is not of his care. This is in feature manager and it would be good to have control unde all General server info on the left

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: