The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick, you must see this!

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by kosmo, Jun 18, 2002.

1. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Please look at http://cpanelthemes.com/ for a website creator tool which perfectly integrates with CPanel. I need your opinion:

- what features to add
    - what should this cost

Please notice that this is the very first international version and you might occasionally read german text.

Thanks in advance!

kosmo

2. masood

masood Well-Known Member

interesting

very nice :)

3. hst

hst Well-Known Member

I have some clients that may be interested

I have some clients that may be interested in this but you website doesn't tell much about how to get it and what you charge.

4. AlaskanWolf

AlaskanWolf Well-Known Member

you just swung yourself out of any one buying it, im not sure i would pay $500 x 12 servers for something like that (even with your discounts)

5. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

[quote:61866795c4][i:61866795c4]Originally posted by AlaskanWolf[/i:61866795c4]
    you just swung yourself out of any one buying it, im not sure i would pay $500 x 12 servers for something like that (even with your discounts)[/quote:61866795c4]

AlaskanWolf,

this software is by far not final and the 2 developers invest lot of time for further evolution. They want to offer a unique solution which means: if it is low priced, everybody will offer it and no-one will stand out. I will only distribute the software but I understand their business model.

By the way: it looks like many hosts are interested in offering such an automated website builder (&such& means: no Java, no JSP, platform independant) to their clients, so your statement is rather not applicable.

Wait to see the final version with lots of new or improved features (many many templates, navigation bar variations, own defined pages with multiple graphic and text elements split into unlimited linked pages) combined with the amazing ease of use and then we will talk again about this masterpiece.

kosmo

6. ecoutez

ecoutez Well-Known Member

Well, you asked...

Maybe the CPanel forums need a 'commercial' forum for this sort of thing. I didn't know that this would be considered acceptable, but far be it for me to play moderator.

Since you asked, I think you have a lot of work to do. The current demo is seriously lacking in features, most of which shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Unfortunately if you're already showing it off and you're trying to market it for $500 per server, I think you're wasting everyone's time - your own, your developers, and ours.

Look, it's not a bad interface, and with some tweaks it's probably worth selling... but for a fraction of your 'minimum' of $500. At $129 it would be worth considering once some more features were implemented. At $500, I would pass. At best I'd put it on one server and only offer it as a feature to clients that pay for it... and those clients would be put on that server with the approriate skin to enable the feature.

Good luck with it though - it could be a good thing with some more work, and at a very different price point.

- Jason

7. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

------------- QUOTE -------------
    Maybe the CPanel forums need a 'commercial' forum for this sort of thing. I didn't know that this would be considered acceptable, but far be it for me to play moderator.
    ---------------------------------------

I get tired of people espousing their 'opinions of forum ethics' on others. Pompous! If it is Cpanel related, it is welcome here, IMHO.

------------- QUOTE -------------
    Look, it's not a bad interface, and with some tweaks it's probably worth selling... but for a fraction of your 'minimum' of $500. At $129 it would be worth considering once some more features were implemented. At $500, I would pass.
    Good luck with it though - it could be a good thing with some more work, and at a very different price point.
    ---------------------------------------
    I am a software developer and I am always amazed at how &no software& is ever worth over $99.00 to some people. Look, if you don't have the money to spend on good software, that's too bad, but don't try to make the developer feel bad about it, it's your problem.

Geez.

8. ecoutez

ecoutez Well-Known Member

having a bad day?

First, I don't see what's pompous about asking if this sort of thing is welcome here. I'm relatively new to the forums, and this is one of very few commercial posts I've seen. Didn't mean to come off heavy handed - just curious.

As for the software and people being cheap, you make a fair point. People always want something for nothing. However, $129 is more than $99. ;) Have you looked at the software yet? What would you pay for such a product? While it's possible that $500 per server is the least that they feel they could offer the product and still be profitable, and that's a perfectly good reason to attempt to market the product as that price point. But it's important to consider the perceived value of the software as well as other market forces. And frankly, from my perspective, $500 is too much for me to spend on this particular product in its current form. I didn't reply to be a jerk but to suggest to the developer that they may want to consider a lower price point if it's possible... because I suspect that I don't represent a minority with regards to my opinion of the price.

I regularly spend hundreds of dollards on software products, and will continue to do so for the right product which has real value. Being a cheap bastard is only part of the picture. ;)

- Jason

9. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Calm down people. Life is there to have fun and opinions are respected.

Have a nice day!

kosmo

10. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

Good points ecoutez. I respect your opinion. Sorry if I offended you. I just had to point out the counter to your point which I do with my customers on a routine basis. (and, having been flamed recently on another list, I felt the somewhat untimely urge to let it out on someone :)

I was really only wanting to point out that the creator of the software is, quite often, making a living off of his skill as a programmer, or at least supplementing his income. We all should consider what the product is worth to him/her/them, also. Most, quality software has been crafted with hundreds of hours, sometimes months and even years of construction and improvement.

I know the arguement about open source and the need to give back to the community. I fully support that. But don't believe we have to give it back with every program that is written. Programmers/companies should be use their talents to support themselves when possible.

Quality software has no equal. Low priced software, well, there's a lot of that out there.

Cheers