The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightly LogWatch emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mickalo, May 3, 2004.

1. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Hello,

been seeing a ton of these in our log watch email alot lately and was wonder what exactly these mean:
    Code:
       client 221.216.49.7#62763: updating zone 'jyt.com/IN': update failed: 'RRset exists (value dependent)' prerequisite not satisfied (NXRRSET): 1 Time(s)
       client 221.216.49.7#63013: updating zone 'jyt.com/IN': update failed: 'RRset exists (value dependent)' prerequisite not satisfied (NXRRSET): 1 Time(s)

we do have "jyt.com" domain account on our server too, but can't figure out just what's going on ?? This is the only domain on our server we see this for :confused:

Thx's
    Mickalo

2. bking

bking Well-Known Member

It looks like 221.216.49.7 is trying to update your DNS server, and it is not allowed to. I once had a user who had their domain held on our servers, but at home, they setup their windows server as a domain controller and used their domain for the domain name of the controller. This caused the windows machine to try and update the auth DNS servers. As would be imagined, they were not authorised to update my servers so we seen the errors also. I think windows tries the updates by default.. *shrugs* not a windows expert though.

This may or may not be the problem, but just see if your client is on that IP address friom their home/work machine or whatever...their mail or ftp accesses should have their IP logged somewhere...