The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Clue At All

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Public Persona, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Public Persona

New at this. I thought I had set my email up correctly for my website (under construction) and in Windows Mail. But I haven't.

When I press Windows Mail button it goes up to my website, comes back and says 'no mail' (so to speak) and this is true. My Windows Mail has no problem logging in, in other words.

When I put a soho form on a web page, press submit (picture included) that is a total disaster and doesn't work at all, so, I thought I'd just put my email address for that page/website on and they could send their pic in that way. Instead, I get an auto-reply email (thank you for your picture--since I'm sending it to myself as a test, of course) and no attachment of the picture.

So, how do I get it to send me the picture? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Edit: Just sent myself an email to the website--plain old email--I don't get it back. And now (a little later) I've just received an auto-reply that I had created in reply to this plain email I sent.

#1 Public Persona, Apr 26, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  2. Public Persona

So, I managed to get my mail to come to me from my website by creating a forwarder--is that how it's supposed to be done? I guess I'll have to live with that.

Now the question is: Where do I found the mail that is being sent to my website in cPanel so I can empty it out before it fills up?

Thank you for any replies.

3. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

You should be contacting your web hosting provider directly for these kinds of issues. This forum is for technical issues regarding the Cpanel software itself, not how your website runs inside it. That support should be provided by your web host.

4. Public Persona

Thanks. Finally somebody replied. Shall do so.

Over and gone...