The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No edit DNS function.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by terry, Feb 9, 2006.

1. terry

terry Registered

hello
    I had to change hosting and I am trying a new service.
    I got a reseller account but there are some difference between the actual whm panel (whm 10.8.0) and the previous I used to have, I wonder what it mean and what problem I could expect from this. If Better I move away asap.

1) there 's no way to edit dns Zone.
    2) Also I could not modify an account.
    when I create a new account I see the new account is in the HomeRoot:/home2, instead of home.

So, is it this what kind of setup?
    Would I have limited in someway?
    Better to change asap provider?

Thanks a lot
    :confused:

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

The root user of the server can choose which features/privileges to be made available to resellers on an individual basis.

You might want to try contacting your host and asking them to grant you access to the features you are currently missing.

3. terry

terry Registered

Is it there any particular reason fro wich he disabled that feature?
    Has one to ask what when contactin a new host?
    Every body are tricky in someway?!!!

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

There could be many possible reasons - you'd have to ask your host.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to check exactly what a new host is offering prior to purchasing a reseller account.

Strictly speaking you don't have to check in advance as the features available to a given reseller aren't set in stone - the root user can change the settings as they see fit.

5. terry

terry Registered

1) That's what I am doing, but nobody is sincere, everyone in someway cheat.
    Take this last one, he didn't mention about that, I have to discover after I sign up, how could I ever imagine he modify the whm such way ?
    They publicize 24/7 support. I asked ,if it was true, he say sure!Live support when available give replies within 5 minutes, ticket are answerd within 1hr,
    Then After signed up I contacted thru the online support, since it was online and I was answerd to open a ticket.
    I opened a ticket and after two hrs I wasn't answerd,
    I asked why: I got replied: Support Service is available 24/7 , from monday to friday, 4.pm to midnight.. !
    Now also consider I am in different GMT, to me that mean to have support ,eventually, from midnight to 6 am! If not to way 24 hrs, like it is going now. Thats' not possible.
    Lately I submitted a ticket for this same topic I posted here, Ticket are being signed as closed and unanswered as soon I post it, and no email notification for submission.
    I now move away, but I lost two days, I payd a non refundable 5$ setup fee 8ok it is little but in such case I would have given this amount for charity , not to mantain such people, isn't?) :mad: )

#5 terry, Feb 9, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  6. 24x7team

24x7team Well-Known Member

This is really bad to hear.

Supporting reseller is a must when compared to a cheap single domain account.

Morever EDIT DNS zones are must to be provided to a reseller, as we reseller himself is like a root user who manages other accounts.

If you are really frustrated about the old host, you can give us a try.

Let me know, how much space you need with the bandwidth, if you are interested to tell me.
    I can give you with a $0 setup fee.