The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No email running on server!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by happydj, Dec 20, 2005.

1. happydj

happydj Member

Hello

I thought I had installed everything fine - however I mustn't have!

Even though the email service is up and running (started) on the server - I don't seem to have any emails getting through to the appropriate account.

For example...

An email gets sent from abc@abc.com to xyz@xyz.com - xyz.com logs into his/her cpanel, clicks on webmail, then clicks on his xyz account.... then he/she goes to the inbox... then nothing!

Upon investigating this issue with the sevrer when i go into WHM and click on email -> Mail Queue Manager: I get 380 messages in the Mail Queue. All of them are going to 'root' @[servername]

So then I check the contact details for root bu going to: Main >> Server Contacts >> Change System Mail Preferences.

Root's mail is going to an email address which I would like it to go to (my email address)

The rest are blank.

Has anyone got any ideas what might be wrong! This is driving me mad!

Thanks for your help in advance!

ADDED:

Also when I try to input an email address for the nobody's mail, mailman's mail, and cpanel's mail - then click on change... it says 'Setup Complete' then I go back in to check and there is still nothing in any of the box's except for 'root's mail.

#1 happydj, Dec 20, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  2. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

Hello,

Did you check the exim logs?. If not check it now. It will help you to solve this issue ;)
    Try the command and watch the log and also send a mail from another console
    tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog

3. happydj

happydj Member

I have spoken to this guy about this issue - and he solved it for me! I will be using him for any other support questions! I can't recommend this person enough to anyone who is stuck with something and needs it solving quickly!

OUTSTANDING!!!

#3 happydj, Dec 20, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2005