no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection

webstyler

Nov 20, 2003
hello

After an exim update seems that command that I Write under whm > exim configuration > advanced is ignored :(

For example:

I have set

smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 2000

but wher exim try do delivery bounce email to local mailboxex get this:

no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection

but there isn't 10 as limit

:/ ??

any help ?

arunsv84

Oct 20, 2008
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have found this in FAQ Section of Exim. Hope this helps.

"A remote MTA sent a number of messages in a single SMTP session. Exim limits the number of immediate delivery processes it creates as a result of a single SMTP connection, in order to avoid creating a zillion processes on systems that can have many incoming connections. If you are dialing in to collect mail from your ISP, you should probably set smtp_accept_queue_per_connection to some number larger than 10, or arrange to start a queue runner for local delivery (using -ql) immediately after collecting the mail. "

Reference: The Exim FAQ Section 0

webstyler

Nov 20, 2003
Hello,

I have found this in FAQ Section of Exim. Hope this helps.

"A remote MTA sent a number of messages in a single SMTP session. Exim limits the number of immediate delivery processes it creates as a result of a single SMTP connection, in order to avoid creating a zillion processes on systems that can have many incoming connections. If you are dialing in to collect mail from your ISP, you should probably set smtp_accept_queue_per_connection to some number larger than 10, or arrange to start a queue runner for local delivery (using -ql) immediately after collecting the mail. "

Reference: The Exim FAQ Section 0
Hi

I have alread setting

smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 2000

But not work ..