The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No incoming mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jakegissing, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Jakegissing

Jakegissing Registered

Well I set up a new server with cPanel, and used the import tool to transfer all websites owned at Hostgator, everything was working fine apart from mail. Outgoing mail works but there's no incoming mail.

Ok so the domain is torpedopress.com, and I was testing the meail with testing@torpedopress.com and it's not working.

I could really use some help on this, thanks in advance.

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Send an email to this address and check your server's email logs at /var/log/exim_mainlog. Run

grep sendingemail@anydomain.com /var/log/exim_mainlog

You will get an ID of the format '1OsV6b-0006E9-Bm'. You then need to grep this ID in the log again.

grep 1OsV6b-0006E9-Bm /var/log/exim_mainlog.

This will give you the details of this message and any error in delivery. If the first command returns nothing, it means mail is not arriving on the server and you need to check DNS settings regarding this.

3. Jakegissing

Jakegissing Registered

Hey, I really appreciate your help.

I think I did it right and I got this.

Code:
    root@server1 [~]# grep 1OseTp-0001tP-Gt /var/log/exim_mainlog
    2010-09-06 10:23:37 1OseTp-0001tP-Gt <= jakegissing@gmail.com H=mail-ww0-f42.google.com [74.125.82.42] P=esmtp S=1856 id=AANLkTikXU6wCvSpgA0yAuUV6vS7vx7gENpBdyHP5qdKM@mail.gmail.com
    2010-09-06 10:23:37 1OseTp-0001tP-Gt => testing <testing@torpedopress.com> R=virtual_user T=virtual_userdelivery
    2010-09-06 10:23:37 1OseTp-0001tP-Gt Completed

4. Jakegissing

Jakegissing Registered

Hi just thought I'd update on this.

I created a new account on cPanel, and added a spare domain, setup an email account and it's working perfectly.

It seems to be only the domains that I transferred (Using the transfer tool) over that are having the problem. That accounts email is not working.

5. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The logs suggest mail delivered. Perhaps there is a permissions issue with mail folder permissions. I recommend you attach a large attachment and send an email again to the testing email account.
    Before and after sending email, test the size of the email folder.

Code:
    du -sch /home/username/mail/yoursite.com/testing/*
    username is to be replaced with cPanel username of your site and yoursite.com with your site name. If the size changes, mails are reaching the folder but not appearing in your webmail and some mail directory issue is causing this. This is a diagnostic test and will help pinpoint the locus of the problem. Remedies can be found afterward.

#5 JawadArshad, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010