The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no longer seem to be able to load webpages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sharonm4, Feb 19, 2009.

1. sharonm4

sharonm4 Registered

Can anyone tell what this error message means...I no longer seem to be able to load my website

C:\Users\Steve&Shaz\Desktop\Carthvean Website new\carthvean alpacas\articles.html: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.​

This is what the error log says

Thu Feb 19 16:24:16 2009] [error] [client 149.254.58.229] File does not exist: /home/carthvea/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Feb 19 16:24:16 2009] [error] [client 149.254.58.229] File does not exist: /home/carthvea/public_html/carthvean alpacas/images/webdev1_01 new.jpg
    [Thu Feb 19 16:23:58 2009] [error] [client 149.254.58.229] File does not exist: /home/carthvea/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Feb 19 16:23:58 2009] [error] [client 149.254.58.229] File does not exist: /home/carthvea/public_html/favicon.ico​

Please help!! Thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you attempting to upload a file via WebDav?
    Not sure what that error means other than you may be out of disk space, or you're attempting to link to a file on your desktop at home to your website. (you can't do this)

You'll need to login to your account and follow the path(s) shown in the errors and check to see if those files exist.
    You can create a favicon at a site like this example:
    chami.com/html-kit/services/favicon/

And you can create error pages if you have none, via your cPanel > Error Pages link.

None of these issues would stop the website from loading. You really should be speaking to your host instead of posting here. They can help you more.

3. sharonm4

sharonm4 Registered

thanks

Thank you Infopro...the website was on my desktop so I got very excited thinking that if I just move it to my documents it would upload...but no such luck.

Being quite new to this all I'm still trying to figure out the rest of your post...I think my best bet is to get in touch with my webhost.

Many thanks

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Interestingly enough, you could do what you wanted. You'd use the WebDav Feature in your cPanel. Your host can explain it to you more, but the idea is, you set it up on your account and then you CAN drag and drop files to your account from your desktop.

Worth looking into if your not familiar with FTP clients and such.

Good luck.