The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No "Modify an Account" option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theamazingausti, Jul 12, 2011.

1. theamazingausti

theamazingausti Registered

I am VERY new to WHM, so forgive me if this is a silly question, but watching the tutorial videos (which use v 11.1.0) a somewhat important part of the control panel (to change the Cpanel theme, allowed email accounts, mailing lists, databases, ftp accounts, subdomains, parked domains, addon domains) is not there.
    I have "modify suspended account page" followed by "Password modification"
    Am I missing something here, or have changes been made since I'm useing 11.3.x?
    Thanks for helping the noob!
    -Austin

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Austin,

Welcome to cPanel and WHM :)

Next, do you log into WHM using the username root or a different username? If you aren't seeing "Modify an Account" area, it sounds like you have reseller user access rather than direct root access.

If that's the case, then you would need to ask your hosting provider further about the issue, since reseller access levels are based on what the provider wishes to be available to the reseller for WHM.

Thanks!

3. theamazingausti

theamazingausti Registered

Hmm, that might be the problem. I have a reseller account through hostclear.
    Every other option is there... just not that one. I'll send a support request and see if they can give me hand. Thanks for your help!