No Route To Host / Network is unreachable

Peter Fraser

Sep 1, 2015
Glasgow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi sorry if this has been answered before just i am rather stuck lol.

My problem is no mail is being sent or received for any accounts, i keep getting No Route to host and Network is unreachable errors or they just time out, i have disabled my firewall and even done a complete reinstall of Cpanel but still the same it may be something i am doing but its a error i have never had before.

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

I will suggest you please discuss this with your data center or upstream provider. It's seems that there are firewall in place outside of your server causing this problem. As you have already disabled firewall on your server but you are still facing same issues.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

It's also possible that a remote mail server has blocked your server from sending it email. For instance, do you only notice the issue when sending email to specific providers (e.g. Google)?

Thank you.

Peter Fraser

Sep 1, 2015
Glasgow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi i contacted my data center they have assured me that a firewall is not blocking any ports.

I also tried various email providers and still the same problem i am really lost on this problem

Peter Fraser

Sep 1, 2015
Glasgow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The problems it gave - TLD Parent Check WARNING: Looks like the parent servers do not have information for your TLD when asked. This is ok but can be confusing. / Your SOA EXPIRE number is: 3600000. That is NOT OK / Different autonomous systems WARNING: Single point of failure.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hi i contacted my data center they have assured me that a firewall is not blocking any ports.

Yes, as mentioned, it's possible that the remote mail server is blocking you as opposed to your own firewall rules blocking the connection. Do you notice any specific error messages in /var/log/exim_mainlog for these messages? EX:

Code:
exigrep [email protected] /var/log/exim_mainlog
Thank you.

Peter Fraser

Sep 1, 2015
Glasgow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Michael , i opened a ticket and was told port 25 is being blocked but i have contacted my provider again they said its definitely not being blocked i have of course disabled my firewall.

I have also enabled Exim Mail Server (on another port) but the problem still occurs and i checked /var/log/exim_mainlog but i cant see anything that stands out apart from
R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp defer (113): No route to host.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
New Hi Michael , i opened a ticket and was told port 25 is being blocked but i have contacted my provider again they said its definitely not being blocked i have of course disabled my firewall.

I've reviewed the support ticket and that conclusion looks accurate. Could you contact your hosting provider and have them take an additional look? Show them the output from a command such as "telnet 74.125.141.27 25" as evidence outgoing email is blocked.

Thank you.