The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no route to host

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nerdboi, Feb 8, 2005.

1. nerdboi

nerdboi Registered

Feb 8, 2005

Currently I am running WHM/cpanel on my web server where I decided last week to try using an IRC Client from my server and wasn't able to establish a connection to any IRC network via the IRC Client (BitchX) I then compiled epic and had the same results.

I tried using a bouncer on the server using mIRC where the bouncer made a connection then got to the initial stages of checking the ident and would immediatly cancel out.

So I took a look at all of my services Bind is working fine and everything is resolving properly
    I checked identd to see if the problem was there and everything seems to be working fine with it.

A few days this problem has been going on and I haven't been able to get much help from a few other places I made a post.

It wasn't until last night when I ran across something in WHM that made me question if perhaps Cpanel or WHM block IRC services.

I forgot which link i followed in whm to run across this but basically listed was a few irc services such as BitchX and irc bouncers and ircd daemons that WHM would automatically scan the system and kill any of these processes found running on the server. On the same page there was an option to exclude certian members from this process I added the login I wanted to add to the wheel group. This wasn't very effective but I thought it was worth a shot :)

So I wonder if anyone possibly knows of IRC features been disabled automatically and/or possible a place within the cpanel or whm where i could activate this type of protocol?

THank u in advance for any help
  2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2001
    back woods of NC, USA
    WHM / System Health / Background Process Killer

Have you checked your firewalls, software firewalls or hardware based at your NOC to see if anything is blocking the ports?