The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No route to host?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kdarray, Apr 13, 2006.

1. kdarray

kdarray Well-Known Member

When sending mail to xxxx.olddomain.com that is no longer on this server but another host, I'm revieving this error:

Connecting to olddomain.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:25 ... failed: No route to host
    LOG: MAIN
    deleteddomain.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: No route to host

This IP addy shows lists a server that it was on and that has been decommissioned - sent to pasture, offline.

If i ping this domain, it is properly showing the correct IP elsewhere. But when sending mail addressed to that domain I received the above error and it lists the IP of the server that is shutdown.

I have checked localaliases, localdomains, truedomains, relayhosts, relayhostusers and the domain is not listed. I'm sure there are other entries somewhere that are causing this problem but I don't know where else to check.

I'd appreciate any ideas please?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It's probably a DNS resolution issue. Make sure that if you have a zone file in /var/named/ for domain.com.db that the MX record within it is correct. If it is, check the domain in dnsreport.com and ensure that it's resolving correctly.

3. kdarray

kdarray Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thanks Chirpy, found it, fixed and all good now :)

4. sadanand30

sadanand30 Registered

Same issue with me. But when I stops the firewall, all mail going fine. What will be the cause and where I need to make changes. CSF also working in this server. Please suggest.

5. vall

vall Member

No route to host is 99,9& cases when the provider (yours ) can't find a route to the IP adress your tried to acces, so if it's a DNS issue, the IP/class has a new provider and hasnt been announced yet, it has no provider anymore, or just fail to work due to ISP problems. Hope that clears you abit. Regards