The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"No Server Found" when Uninstalling a Frontpage Extension

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pinoywh, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. Pinoywh

    Pinoywh Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2005
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Hi,

    When I uninstall a FrontPage Extension to a domain, I get this error message, "No Server Found.". How can I fix this?, and I tried adding again and here are the messages:

    Using Frontpage 5.x!

    Starting install, port: 80.

    Created: 04 Aug 2005 23:17:09 -0000
    Version: 5.0.2.2634
    Server extensions already installed on port 80.
    Reverting to upgrade.

    Starting upgrade, port: 80.

    Created: 04 Aug 2005 23:17:09 -0000
    Version: 5.0.2.2634
    Chowning Content in service /.
    Port 80: Upgrade completed.
    Upgraded Version: 5.0.2.2634.

    Starting chown, port: 80, web: "/".

    DocumentRoot: "/home/fantasti/public_html"
    Setting Password
    Frontpage passthough auth enabled!
    "

    How can I fix this?
     
  2. Blapto

    Blapto Active Member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2005
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Using Frontpage 5.x!
    No Server found

    I get this error when I try to give a new account Frontpage extensions.

    WHM 10.1.0 cPanel 10.2.0-R82
    RedHat 9 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

    I'm looking into it now.
     
  3. Pinoywh

    Pinoywh Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2005
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Are there any solutions out there? I tried all fix and updated cpanel but to no avail....

    Thanks in advance.
     
  4. Blapto

    Blapto Active Member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2005
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Run
    /scripts/upcp --force

    Frontpage extensions seem to be behaving now. Sorry I didn't post earlier, I've been all over the place.
     
  5. jcsolutions

    jcsolutions Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2002
    Messages:
    184
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Canada
    This problem still exists. I tried /scripts/upcp --force but it didn't help.

    Attempting to install FrontPage extensions...
    No Server found
    FrontPage extensions are currently: not installed

    I'm running WHM 10.6.0 cPanel 10.8.0-R54
     
  6. anton_latvia

    anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    May 11, 2004
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Latvia
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Pretty old thread, I must say, but I am experiencing this problem right now.

    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-C9565
    CentOS 4.4 x86_64 - WHM X v3.1.0

    Just tried to upcp --force with no luck. Except that in my case this is about enabling FP on subdomain. Client got 5 subdomains, 3 of them have FP installed, but 2 are getting "No domain found" error when trying to enabled.

    Any guru here? :)
     
  7. rhenderson

    rhenderson Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2005
    Messages:
    785
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Most of our old FrontPage problems were releated to mod_security. I would back up the mod_security file and take everything out and see if the porblem goes away. If so add the rules one or two at a time testing FP in between.
     
  8. anton_latvia

    anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    May 11, 2004
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Latvia
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the guess, we had though mod_security with no rules set. Unfortunately even after disabling it I still was unable to enable FP extensions on a subdomain. :(
     
  9. kielsky

    kielsky Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2003
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I had similar problems, and none of the "upcp" and so forth fixes worked, so I painstakingly investigated -- and discovered that the FrontPage setup script "/scripts/setupfp5" was failing to properly locate the appropriate VirtualHost entry in my httpd.conf because the pattern it was looking for was not a match for our installation.

    I modified the pattern inline:

    replace '(m/^\\s*<virtualhost\\s+([\\d.]+)(?::80|\\s*>)/i)' '(m/^\s*<virtualhost\s+([\d.]+|\*)(?::80|\s*>)/i)' -- /scripts/setupfp5

    This worked for us and our somewhat non-standard httpd.conf. Your mileage may vary, use at your own risk, etc., etc.

    -- Michael Kielsky
    BetterThanYours.com
    http://BetterThanYours.com
    +1.888.398.4405
     
  10. anton_latvia

    anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    May 11, 2004
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Latvia
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, I found on some other thread, that sometimes buggy FP adds _vti_* folders and .htaccess file to the user's root folder (/home/username/_vti*). I deleted them and problem was fixed.
     
Loading...

Share This Page