The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Setup Date on imported sites -- How to modify?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LSVF, Feb 1, 2004.

1. LSVF

LSVF Member

When I migrated sites from Ensim to Cpanel, no "setup" dates were put on the sites -- all say "unknown". I didn't notice this until I downloaded a trial version of WHMAUTOPILOT and tried to import sites. It would not import the sites I had transferred from the Ensim box -- only the new sites I had created since the migration. The Whmautopilot creator said it could not import sites that did not have a setup date and suggested I do a global date change on the sites.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Many thanks ....

2. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

Edit User Files

To do this you need to log in to your server using Putty or other remote terminal software. Then edit each of the user configuration files found at var/cpanel/users/username and modify the line "STARTDATE=xxxxxxxxxx" so that xxxxxxxxxx equals the setup date you want for each account in epoch format. (ie. Unix Timestamp - the number of seconds since 1/1/1970).

A quick tool to convert normal date format to epoch format can be found at http://www.esqsoft.com/javascript_examples/date-to-epoch.htm