The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no ssh for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unite the cows, Jul 22, 2002.

1. unite the cows

unite the cows Active Member

Ok I just recently installed redhat 7.3 and then cpanel, does anyone have a how to of the best way to setup cpanel, like if you guys install anything first before you install cpanel? I have my machine on a local network behind my router which is allowed as a beta test IP so I can test it before I send it off, but for some reason I cannot ssh into the machine, but of course it says sshd is on and working. If you guys have a good how to for installing cpanel best for webhosting on redhat 7.3 it would be greatly appreciated, send a PM or an email to admin@silentcircuit.com

2. bert

bert Well-Known Member

Hi,

You should be able to install cpanel without much trouble. The installer does it all for you. Just download the .sea fille for your version of unix and run it, it will take care of the rest for you.

One thing though, if you are behind a firewall, make sure you can query other DNS servers because if you can't, such in our case you will have to modify the /etc/resolv.conf soon after the cpanel installer starts. Basically the installer will modify your /etc/resolv.conf file and change it to the darkob dns servers, if you can't query dns servers from outside your network, you will run into problems during the installation.

As for the ssh problem, just make sure your network is not filtering port 22, it should work for you without having to do anything.

Good luck