The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No SSL please

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Julien PHAM, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Julien PHAM

Julien PHAM Active Member

Hi,

Is there a way to accept non SSL pop3 connection, and how? I cannot figure out how to setup my mail server to accept even non SSL pop3 connections.

My issue is because, I don't know why, XP computers with outlook cannot access my cpanel ssl mail server. It works fine on windows seven computers with outlook, or with XP computers with thunderbird, but not with XP computers with outlook.

So if you have a solution.

Thanks

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This should work by default

Both Dovecot and Courier-IMAP, the two POP/IMAP services that are used by cPanel, accept POP (and IMAP) connections without SSL by default. Can you give more details about what is happening, and any error you are seeing?

3. Julien PHAM

Julien PHAM Active Member

What happens is, that if I setup outlook 2007 to use ssl, then it works. But if I setup it to not use ssl, then I have an error message saying outlook cannot connect to pop3.

Perhaps months ago I have setup my mail server to only accepts ssl, don't remember. How can I check this, and fix it?

Thanks

Edit : ok this is fixed, I have seen where the option is, now I have accepted pop3d as well and so non ssl works too...

#3 Julien PHAM, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Mailserver Configuration

For reference, for other users who may read this thread, this would be set in the WebHost Manager in Main >> Service Configuration >> Mailserver Configuration. The following options are given to be individually enabled or disabled:

• IMAP
    • IMAPS
    • POP3
    • POP3S

The "S" at the end of a protocol name indicates SSL.