The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No such file or directory: while opening or reading /home/admin/mail/maildirsize

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by fuzioneer, Aug 9, 2007.

1. fuzioneer

fuzioneer Well-Known Member

I get the subject error (btw i swapped out the proper username for "admin" ;)

Load rockets with plenty of Exim processes running, looks like dictionary attacks see entry from logs

2007-08-09 21:22:13 1IJAiI-0001wG-GY == user@domain.com <gomez@mydomain.com> R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (2): No such file or directory: while opening or reading /home/admin/mail/maildirsize
    2007-08-09 21:22:13 1IJEVL-000410-Nr == user@domain.com <lucas@mydomain.com> R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (2): No such file or directory: while opening or reading /home/admin/mail/maildirsize
    2007-08-09 21:22:13 1IJEVp-00042a-3j == user@domain.com <rodgersd@mydomain.com> R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (2): No such file or directory: while opening or reading /home/admin/mail/maildirsize
    2007-08-09 21:22:13 1IJEVV-00041z-23 == user@domain.com <craig@mydomain.com> R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (2): No such file or directory: while opening or reading /home/admin/mail/maildirsize

Any ideas as this load issue causing me lots of hassle as i have to kill of Exim to let it die down ?

2. webstyler

webstyler Well-Known Member

I got same error :(

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Please note this thread is from 2007 and the same cause may or may not still apply.

If possible, please provide a portion (such as a few example lines) of the exact messages logged so they can be evaluated; if needed, the output may be munged to hide real domain names.

To better diagnose the issue; please let us know the output of the following commands:
    Code:
    # grep -H '' /etc/*release
    # grep '' /usr/local/cpanel/version
    # /scripts/setupmailserver --current
    # /usr/sbin/exim -bV
    On RPM-based Linux distributions, the following command will help to obtain the version of the installed Exim package:
    Code:
    # rpm -qi exim
    Additionally, to check if the file "maildirsize" exists please use the following example command and provide its output; please ensure to replace "/path/to/maildirsize" with the actual directory path from the Exim log detail:
    Code:
    # stat /path/to/maildirsize