cPanel & WHM Version
94.0 (build 18)

Tomthenew

Registered
Sep 24, 2021
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, I have a Cpanel shared hosting on Namecheap.

I have created two Node js apps with completely different methods. Both don't work.

It works on my local device. The app is an express application. I made the application on my local machine by running

Code:
npx express-generator api
This creates a folder called api with the stuff for the express node app. I then simply went to Cpanel and clicked on Setup node.js app. Then I created an app simply called api with root domain as mywebsite.com/api

Then I uploaded all the files except node_modules folder from my local machine to the api folder in the root directory of the cpanel (Not the one in public_html)

then I clicked on "run npm install" in the setup node.js app panel. This created a new node_modules folder on the cpanel.

When I run the app through www.mywebsite.com/api I get an error in the logs where it can't find the module for anything. The node_modules folder is there. You can see it in screenshot 1.

I then tried to just upload the node_modules folder along with the files. So I created a new app with directory mywebsite.com/nodeapi . Tried it and it still gives same error of not being able to find modules.

Attachments

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator