The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob need help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ov3r-l0ad, May 10, 2006.

1. ov3r-l0ad

ov3r-l0ad Registered

ok
    I just hours ago bought some hosting for a site and forum. i have gotten the forum up.

What i need is for someone to tell me in as much detail as possible, how to add a home page to the forum, with links to things like: Home/ Gallery/ Forum ect.......

and also what i need to create the homepage and skin my forum too.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

For specific questions regarding the use of your hosting account, you should contact your hosting provider.

For vague or open-ended questions, such as this, I suggest you do a little more research to find out exactly what you want to do and then direct any questions to a forum suitable for them.

In this case, you're asking a very general and vague question concerning web development. Therefore I suggest you research the area of web development and find out specifically what you need to do. If you then can't find out how to do so, you might want to post a question to a web development forum.

And it's always worth mentioning that you're never going to get any real meaningful answers if you post such open-ended questions.

Do a bit of research, find things out, learn things and then ask for help on specific issues. If people see you are willing to try and find things out, they'll probably be willing to help out by pointing you in the right direction.

People are very unlikely to answer your questions if you don't show any sign of expecting anything other than the answer to be handed to you on a plate.

3. Afterburn

Afterburn Member

Give the guy a break! I'm guessing this is his first attempt at building a site...

So then your trying to build a forum site with a front page with links etc? and you want to know how to skin your forum... proberbly not the right site for you to be asking on, but I'll help you out anyway, PM me or add me on msn (support@afterburnhosting.net) and I'll help you :)

Hope I can Help you :)

Toby

#3 Afterburn, May 12, 2006
    Last edited: May 15, 2006