The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob question I am sure, Can someone point

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mscobia, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mscobia

mscobia Registered

Ok total newbee so please don’t shot me. I have played with the free hosting in vista panel and found it ok to understand. So I took the bait and upgraded and now I am using this cpanel stuff. If I am posting in the wrong form please tell me and I will move this thread and I am sorry for that.
    The question I have is:
    1. Somehow I ended paying a couple dollars to some domain company that has little to no support of any kind for Q/A. I can’t even find them on the net anywhere. So now I have this .net name that I can add up to 20 sub-domains. I am not sure where I can add those. I tried to in cpanle and it added but when I try to build that site through site build it tells me that this sub-domain does not point to my main .net name ??? Also if you know of a good company that I can use for hosting pleases advice.

2. My other question is I used the .co.cc for the free domain name and I need to provide them with the NS1. & NS2. Now when I was using vista panel it gave the NS1. & NS2. I have been looking everywhere and cannot find them. Can anyone advise me where to go on this or how to create one (if I am saying that right) ?

Again thank you for letting me post my noobish questions and if I am threading in the wrong place if you will point in the right area.

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

1. Please make sure that you have created the subdomain as subdomain.main.net and also you can search for the good hosting companies from google.

2. You will have to host your .co.cc domain first and you can get the nameservers from the hosting provider where you host your domain.