Noob Question regarding configuring a VServer with WHM

Fnorbel

May 6, 2011
solved - Noob Question regarding configuring a VServer with WHM

Hi.

So I ordered a small VServer including a domain. I logged in on WHM, and created there a new webspace account. And then could also login into CPanel and on FTP just fine.

Ok, here is the stupid question: I wanted to create several subdirectories on the server in the public_html directory, and then upload there stuff and test it in a browser and so on. Uploading works, but something is set up incorrectly with the domain. When I enter the domain name in the browser, I just get a blank page, and no matter what I try, I can't get the browser to open the stuff I uploaded.

I guess the domain points to a wrong directory or something?
When I check the settings of the account I have set up, it got the correct primary domain name. The current mount point is "/" and the current home directory is "/home/" and then the account name.

So what did I do wrong? Please enlighten me and reduce my stupidity.

Last edited:

Fnorbel

May 6, 2011
On the first glance, everything seems to be ok except:
Your SOA RETRY value is: 28800. That is NOT OK
ERROR: It seems that all your MX records have the same IP(s)

And the IP of the V-Server doesn't show up anywhere. Hmmm, I will better read through the stuff in detail.

Thanks so far, that is a useful website.

Edit: found it, there was a problem with the company we asked to register the domain. Now takes a day or two and it should work (hopefully).

Last edited: