Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Noob question-Site moving.

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by pneumoni, Aug 21, 2004.

1. pneumoni

pneumoni Registered

hello,
    i realy hope someone can help - im in despair,.. i am a Cpanel user(not host) im just like a cpanel admin on my site,.
    Anyhow ive spent months building my site only for my current host to become unnaceptably slow - so im in the process of moving my site - its a total so far of only about 400mb-
    Ive manualy downloaded the files for my site via FTP,.and uploaded them via FTP to my new server but i honestly cant work out how to move my MYsql databases ( 2 of them) to my new completely different host.
    Ive built up quite a lovely member base and i cant re-create everything expecting them all to re-register etc.
    Ive looked everywhere on knowledge on this and no-one seems to have the time to advise :(
    i am not very familiar with "phpmyadmin" altho i do know how to create databases thats about it.
    Could anyone possibly spare 5 mins to explain or point me in the right direction please ?
    Both my old site and new site are both CPANEL :D

#1 pneumoni, Aug 21, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  2. pneumoni

pneumoni Registered

Its ok ! i sussed it ,. ! and it works ! wonderfully ! :cool: