Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Identity Safe enabled issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PeteS, Mar 21, 2018.

1. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Has anyone else noticed that starting 2-3 months back that the password manager in NIS, Identity Safe, stopped loading the password into the WHM login screen, unless you clicked it multiple (5-20) times? This improved with a recent IS update, but still requires more than one click.

Even worse, WHM screens hang and dramatically (in FF and Chrome) unless the IS extension is disabled. Example: load the EXIM config screen (1 second w/o IS, 10+ with it), same for clicking the Advanced tab. Again, this improved some, but is not fixed.

Often a FF slow script warning will pop-up. This is not limited to WHM, other sites do it as well but is most noticeable in WHM (where I spend a lot of time).

I bring the question here because I've found other users with the same OS, etc. as I have who claim no issue anymore. (Win 10 Pro 1709 64 bit, FF 59.0.1 64 bit, NIS IS 5.2.2.19) So I'm wondering if WHM is a worst case scenario, and am trying to help prompt Symantec to get on it!

Thanks, for any feedback...

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Pete,

I'll leave this thread open for feedback from other users that may also use this application. You may also want to post to the Norton Support Forums if you have not already done so:

Norton Toolbar | Norton Identity Safe | Norton Community

You may also want to review some of the existing topics there, as it looks like they may have just released a new version.

Thank you.

3. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks, Michael. I active on a thread there now and will relay any info from here. Unfortunately this has been a long term issue and was not fixed in the latest release.

-Pete