The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not able to install WordPress in domain root dir (public_html) through cPaddons Site software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kumar1236, Jul 11, 2013.

1. kumar1236

kumar1236 Registered

Jul 10, 2013
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi ,

I am trying to install wordpress in root directory (Note : I am able to install in sub-directory) with below settings through Site software and want to disable moderation request instead I want to give access to install for all clients to install directly without admins approval .
    cPanel X.png

I am getting below error

cPanel X2.png

My tweak settings in WHM for cPaddons

WebHost Manager – server.png

Please help me guys :)
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You are seeing the intended behavior. This is documented at:

cPAddon - WordPress

If you use cPAddon to install WordPress, you must specify a subdirectory on the Install screen. If you wish to install WordPress into your document root, install WordPress manually without the assistance of cPAddon. A WordPress installation in the document root may cause conflicts with any other non-WordPress content in that account due to how the .htaccess file behaves. Also, WordPress installed in the document root prevents multiple installations of WordPress in an account because of these .htaccess conflicts.

Thank you.