The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not connect to SMTP

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by glowndark, Nov 19, 2009.

1. glowndark

glowndark Registered

I have a problem with sending e-mail from the mail client. In e-mail client I have about 5 accounts are automatically checked every 10 minutes. e-mails can be obtained from mail client, but when trying to send out a message not connect to SMTP server. This error sending appear only rarely. (not a problem with the internet). The rest of the time everything works ... Where could be the problem?

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Please ensure that SMTP authentication is enabled for each configured e-mail account within the mail client software; this is where your mail client authenticates using an e-mail account username and password when sending via SMTP.

3. glowndark

glowndark Registered

As I said in the beginning, when start the mail client everything works, I can send from all accounts, so the problem is not with autorization of SMTP.
    Problem occurs after 1-2 hours. Then from any of the accounts can not send e-mail. I tried after the problem occurs change my IP (it's dynamic) occur after change IP again I can send e-mail.
    So I think for some reason after a certain time, IP is blocked from my server and so I can not send e-mails. Mail client is set to check for new mails every 10 minutes I did not send many mails, 2-3 per hour ...

4. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

It seems that the IP is getting blocked in the server firewall. You can find out the reason from the logs. If you do not have access to them then contact your host. They will be able to tell you the exact reason and resolve the issue.
    Btw, which firewall is being used on the server?

5. votethehost.com

votethehost.com Active Member

There is option in csf firewall to block the IP on failure logins. I think one or some of your configured mail account password is wrong Every 10 mins your email client is trying to login to server with that wrong password. After few failure logins firewall is blocking you for 30 mins (by default) and then your IP is released.

I would suggest you to recheck that you have set correct password for ALL mail accounts.