The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not covered problem: Horde comes up w/ blank page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arvand, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Arvand

Arvand Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

This is a problem NOT covered on the forums. Someone blindly closed my post because supposedly they know every problem that can possibly happen with webmail and that it MUST have been covered by previous post.

Horde comes up with blank page after upgrade.

/scripts/upcp --force doesn't resolve this.
    the horde database is there with the tables inside /scripts/fullhordereset comes up with errors and doesn't resolve this as well.

This is ONLY happening with horde. Every post on the forum regarding this problem mentions Horde AND Squirrelmail (which is a PHP version problem). THIS IS NOT A PHP VERSION PROBLEM. Only one post mentions that this only happens with horde. In that case, the horde database wasn't present. In my case It is.

I believe the moderators here are mistaking this forum for a hobby forum. People on here are paying for cPanel. Maybe try paying a little more attention.

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Considering the lack of information you provided it was considered to be a similar issue as the others. To help avoid such issues, include better details including O/S, cPanel/WHM versions, etc... As well as steps that have already been tried.

3. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue with 10.0.0 and R85. I've just changed to Stable instead, hoping to fix things.

I agree with the sentiment about the "please use the search" function comments... I always search first... what would be more helpful that "please use the search" would be to point to some of these threads where the answer is supposed to be. Obviously, if we're not searching on the correct terms, we may not find the actual problem.

4. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    As an aside, in some cases we do point to example threads or example search results matching a pattern.

5. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

In this case, I was able to fix Horde by setting my system from "Release" to "Stable", then running /scripts/upcp again.

6. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I tried various methods, I could not update to stable, but I tried every other cpanel release and none seemed to fix it. I removed the horde directory and then did an upgrade to release and that seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Code:
    mv /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde.old
    /scripts/upcp --force

make sure you are set to release in your update preference before you run upcp. This may work with any cpanel release, but these are the steps I took and it seemed to work for me.

7. Arvand

Arvand Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Will give that a try thanks.

While I will put OS/version in future posts, this isn't the kind of problem that nick (or anyone else) can just answer using that information. I was simply seeing if anyone else was experiencing it (since it happened by itself) and if they found a solution to it.

Either way OS is RHEL 3 and version is latest release.

8. Arvand

Arvand Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

Yes, that solved the problem. Thank you.

9. mfragoso

mfragoso Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Confirmed, horde has a problem not showing some emails

When you click a mail, sometimes, it shows nothing in the frame at the right, however if you look at the source code it will show you the mail, so it is an error in the stylesheet, because it works on mozilla/netscape.

I found out that once that you click a mail, and is not shown, right clicking on the blank page and setting the code page to automatic shows correctly the mail.

I hope that this helps to solve the problem

10. electron33

electron33 Well-Known Member

sparek-3,

Thanks, this did bring horde back, but all the notes/tasks have gone.

Thanks again.