The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Cpanel related... but you guys are very helpful. Question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by digitard, Nov 24, 2004.

1. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Okay,
    So far any CPANEL based inquiry I've had answered with ease. So I'm hoping you guys can help with this too.

I'm running a MAMBO site (its just using mambo for the news update, no real content other than news and the integration of a few "wrapped" pages.

In any case... on feature we're offering is a "gamertag" list of all the xbox live gamers who play this game. Obviously this is something based on visitors supplying info as they come into the site.

I have the "logins" disabled since they dont need it, its a news site so everything they access is public.

I'm looking for a PHP script, or whatever, thats configurable so that I could make it so a user could visit the site, click the "gamertag database" link and see all the people who have signed up, and have the option to "leave their info" as well. It would simply need name, gamertag and email ... thats it. Then it updates the list and adds them to the bottom. I'd like it to have some ADMIN functions so I can remove morons.

I can easily do it by a "form mail" and just update a page myself, but thats time consuming and I'd like to find something that can be done automatically and user controlled.

Thanks.

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

3. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

already tried.

most scripts dont have what i want, or they're way overkill and too much.

4. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

find a php programmer to implement what you want... or learn php and write it yourself or modify one of the free scripts you found that are similar to what you want.