The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Found Additional 404 Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Creeksideadmin, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Creeksideadmin

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I was recently made webmaster of a friend's business site. I downloaded Web Easy Professional 9 and got to work. I was able to FTP the files using Core FTP and they currently appear in the public_html>web folder. The problem is, I went through and deleted the existing Wordpress files (knowing now that isn't the correct way to do this) and fixed the htaccess problem this caused. Now, when going to the webpage I get this:

Not Found

The requested URL /function.require was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm stumped. I am certain there is a simple answer here, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. And of course it's a weekend so tech support is closed! Any help would be appreciated. And feel free to dumb it down, I'm a total noob.

2. Creeksideadmin

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Uh oh... Now my page is completely blank. All files are where they should be, if I have read and understood everything correctly.

All files were FTP'd to /public.html

Web address:

creeksidecustomgunsmithing.com

Any input is greatly appreciated!! Thanks :)

#2 Creeksideadmin, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You'd want to contact your hosting provider about the issue. They'll be able to figure out why your site isn't loading. Right now, the domain itself isn't even working. The domain doesn't appear to have a working zone file at this time:

Code:
    [root@host etc]# dig +short creeksidecustomgunsmithing.com
    [root@host etc]#
    There should be an IP returning when checking the domain name on a dig for the zone. You can also see this here:

/http://www.intodns.com/creeksidecustomgunsmithing.com

Thanks!

4. Creeksideadmin

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I see that. Things were fine yesterday (well not fine, but I could log into cpanel... Today, it tells me there is a problem loading the page). Could this be a server issue since I haven't changed anything since last logging in (again, yesterday)? This is just so frustrating bc I am coming in after someone else already set up a site... I don't even know who the host is to contact! I appreciate all of this information.

5. Creeksideadmin

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I used the documentation on what to do if the site is down and found the domain was registered with Godaddy. Okay cool. Could they help me? Nope. Apparently the nut job that registered the domain chose a different server to host with. Godaddy said it was someone called, "taking care of them"... I'm stumped. They said their nameserver is pointing where it always has and there are no known problems on their end. Any idea who this "taking care of them" server is? Godaddy doesn't use cpanel- so maybe you guys have more of a clue than I do, bc I'm stumped.

Thanks again.

Edit:

via, v3who is this information is returned:

Domain Name: CREEKSIDECUSTOMGUNSMITHING.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Name Server: NS1.TAKINGCAREOFTHEM.COM
    Name Server: NS2.TAKINGCAREOFTHEM.COM
    Updated Date: 05-jun-2012
    Creation Date: 05-jun-2012
    Expiration Date: 05-jun-2013

When I type in this takingcareofthem.com I get this:

Executing in an invalid environment for the supplied user

I think I need a rope and a really high beam at this point...

#5 Creeksideadmin, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There's a page here you might find useful:
    Find My Host | cPanel, Inc.

Searching the nameserver provided you get this:
    /http://www.whoismind.com/ip/74.55.88.162.html

7. Creeksideadmin

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    That link is how I found TAKINGCAREOFTHEM.COM- which was helpful.

That is our IP address, 74.55.88.162 :) Could this be something I did when FTPing and deleting wordpress? I'm leaning toward no, as I had a site just yesterday. Do you have any idea how I would find the contact information or tech support for the server/host? Google gets me nowhere with TAKINGCAREOFTHEM.COM...

8. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    TAKINGCAREOFTHEM.COM apparently is the host (although gone or in trouble it seems), and they have the server, as shown in my 2nd link above, at ThePlanet. (SoftLayer)
    No, removing a website shouldn't have anything to do with nameservers. Since the nameserver domain seems to be having some sort of issues, there's no telling whats going on there. You could try contacting Softlayer and explain the situation to them providing as many details as you can, not sure how helpful that might be though:
    .Contact SoftLayer®

If you've got no real site setup yet on there, no email accounts, items you might want to take a backup from, and can't get a hold of the Hosting Provider you/someone purchased this account from, you might want to cut your losses here and find a new Hosting Provider.

Of course, to do so means you'll need to be able to change the nameservers for this domain to point to a new account. If you have no access to modify the domain name this could be a bigger issue than just getting a 404 error (page not found) as your first post is asking about.

Over at godaddy, search for a new domain using yours. When it comes up as taken, click to view details. There is data and an email there on the domain owner you might recognize or be able to use to contact the owner of the domain.

9. Creeksideadmin

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you so much. The issue was resolved.

As it turns out the guy who originally set the site up closed it because he saw someone was editing it. He knew the client would be doing some work over there... Anyway.

Now I am back to my original issue however, the blank page/404 is gone.

It just says

Index of/

cgi-bin/

I deleted the wordpress stuff incorrectly, but thought I resolved that issue. Now under my public_html folder I have something called cgi-bin through the file manager. I don't know what this is. I just FTPed my files with CORE FTP and though it says they were successfully put there- I don't see them. I transferred them to public_html

The site address again is- creeksidecustomgunsmithing.com

Thanks! You have been so helpful thus far.

#9 Creeksideadmin, Aug 6, 2012
  10. Creeksideadmin

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I had to go in a create a new ftp account. As the creator deleted mine. Checking to see if this fixes things.

My files appear under my new directory titled "web". However the

index of/

cgi_bin

still appears along with the new directory "web" when looking at the website... What in the world is all this about?

#10 Creeksideadmin, Aug 6, 2012