The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Getting Messages From BFD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elflaco, Feb 21, 2007.

1. elflaco

elflaco Member

Hi All:

I have something that I think odd occurring.

I have a VPS running CentOS 4.4 and WHM\cPanel. I configured it following the steps laid out in "A Beginner's guide to securing you server" (a fan-freaking-tastic tutorial IMO), and included notification via BFD and set up notification when someone logs in as root. The problem is, I'm not getting any notifications.

I have logged in and su'd to root from a variety of locations, and have not received any notification. Likewise, I have not received any emails from BFD and I highly doubt that no one has even tried to get in. I was receiving notices until I actually set my website up.

The server has 3 IP address; the main IP ends in .6, and the IP I have my single site on ends in .8. Once I changed the DNS to point to .8 for the website, I stopped getting the notifications.

I do, however, still get notifications via email from WHM.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be occurring, or where I could look to see if the server might be blocking the messages?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might lend.