The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not getting PHP update using yum

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Archmactrix, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Archmactrix

Archmactrix Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not getting the PHP 5.6.15 update via yum on a two weeks old server so I need to know what I need to do.

The php version is still 5.6.14

Automatic daily updates are enabled
    EA4 repo is enabled
    EA4 profile "All PHP Options + OpCache cPanel"
    System PHP Version is ea-php56
    WHM 11.52.0 (build 22)
    CENTOS 7.1 x86_64 kvm

#1 Archmactrix, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel hasn't released a PHP 5.6.15 build yet.

This is one of the problems with being so heavily dependent on EasyApache, you have to wait for cPanel to issue their own update for this. At least with EasyApache4 they make this a bit easier to roll your own PHP. You can compile your own PHP and set your handlers accordingly. Then recompile PHP every time a new PHP version is released (which is usually monthly).

I never really liked this aspect in EasyApache3. PHP updates much more frequently than Apache. The two should have been split apart (call it EasyPHP if you want to). At least with EasyApache4, you don't have to install the ea4 php packages.

3. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

sparek-3, we released PHP 5.6.15 in EasyApache 3 10 days ago, on Nov 3rd. If you haven't gotten this update, I'd recommend running an EasyApache build to download the updates. After PHP updates, we usually have these released 2-3 business days after upstream releases.

Archmactrix, we haven't synced RPMs to the mirrors in a while. We're still working on getting this process fully working and production ready. This is part of why EA4 is considered 'Tech Preview', as updates may be behind a bit from EA3.

theluli likes this.
  4. Archmactrix

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In EasyApache 3 changelog November 3, it says that PHP has been updated to 5.6.15, so I thought this was also the case for EA4 as more than week has passed.

It's not easy getting used to EA4 as it is very different from EasyApache 3, and is still in technical preview. But I chose to install it and don't want to go back.

5. Archmactrix

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's good to hear this, thank you.

6. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not really complaining about the layover time between PHP releases and EasyApache integration, just making a statement. If you roll your own PHP, you don't have to worry about this. You can compile PHP the minute php.net releases a new version. I like that this is easier to do in EasyApache4 than in EasyApache3.