The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not getting run-parts /etc/cron.daily emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Metro2, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On one of my servers I'm not receiving the daily emails "run-parts /etc/cron.daily" that get sent to root. I get them for my other servers each day, but not this one. I'm not finding any difference in the way the crons are set up on each box, or maybe I'm overlooking a slight difference.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Any suggestions on what I should check first?

Thanks for any advice.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Have you check the exim_mainlog for the email to see if it's generated but not delivered for some reason?

3. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not until you mentioned it :eek:

But I did just now, and I see no evidence of the etc/cron.daily messages in there at all.

I tried doing

grep daily /var/log/exim_mainlog |more

grep cron /var/log/exim_mainlog |more

grep cron.daily /var/log/exim_mainlog |more

And so far none of those return any results regarding the "run parts /etc/cron.daily" email.

When I did grep root /var/log/exim_mainlog |more it shows my hourly System Check emails and daily Logwatch emails (which are coming through just fine) but nothing about /etc/cron.daily

Thanks for the tip though!

4. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Now that I'm looking at it a bit more closely, it seems that maybe the "run parts /etc/cron.daily" emails are called "LogWatch" in the email subject on one of my servers, and vice-versa on the other. (So basically on one server I get an email each day that says "LogWatch" in the subject and on the other server I get an email each day that says "/etc/cron.daily" in the subject). I'm guessing that these are the same information, just different email subject lines from different servers, and that I'm just a bit confused by that.