The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not permitted to contact cpanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cazny, Oct 1, 2004.

1. cazny

cazny BANNED

Been submitting tickets for a few months with no problem. I have 14 cpanel servers. Suddenly, I'm getting this.

You are not permitted to contact cPanel Inc for technical support.
    Please contact your hosting company or datacenter for assistance.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE.
    Responses to this message will not be processed.

I called and they confirmed this is correct. So, being smarter than they thought I called 7 of my buddies who also have cpanel servers of their own. They ARE submitting tickets with no problem. They called cPanel and asked why I was not able to do so. Cpanel denied that I was blocked!

I'm sorry cpanel, but you're become a bunch of crooks to be honest. I called and spoke to 3 different people in 2 different offices. Its amazing how selfish people can be. Really!

Let's calculate this: average license $30 x 14 servers per month = ? Lots of money. That is correct. How selfish of these people to offer others support yet block me out. I tried several emails and they gave me an attitude on the phone as well.

TO CPANEL:
    YOUR SELFISH AND GREEDY ATTITUDE WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU.

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    $30 x 14 = 420 $

BTW .. y would Cpanel block anyone ? any specific reasons they have stated. i do not think that they can bluntly say NO to someone.

3. cazny

cazny BANNED

They were extremely rude (especially Jason - so selfish its disgusting). They said I was submitting too many tickets. I call and they said to submit a ticket to billing@cpanel.net - I do that a few times and get the usual nasty attitude from whoever answers. I was submitting one or two tickets a day or every other day. 14 servers. Keep that in mind

My 2 buddies (of the 7) do the same average. They just didn't (probably) like the fact that I specifically told them that they owe me support because I pay THEM my license fees. I honestly have no idea what their problems are but believe me, 3 data centers (Planet, EV1 and SM) specifically told me that cpanel's support is disgusting (not necessarily in that word but same view).

Goes to show you the greediness of modern corporations. Cpanel thinks they're big shots with some sort of industry power. Well, little do they know that they will get a truly damaging reputation when I open my big mouth and spread the news across several forums and newsletters including eWeek (I have a friend that works there). They did their own damage done.

I am a respectful human being and I work truly hard night and day to pay my bills and take nothing that I do not deserve, including a bad attitude. When someone buys a software from Microsoft, they get support from Microsoft. They do not get support from CompUSA or a computer software reseller. Cpanel tried to pull that junk lie excuse on me.

Truly sad. They have no idea what valuable client they have lost. I will no longer use cPanelon any future servres, and will make it clear on my home page why.

4. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Not withstanding, the attitude -but one or two a DAY? I know people that have hundreds of servers that do not submit that many. You must be doing something special/strange to the machines. If there were that many bugs - I would know and so would everyone in these forums.

5. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Thank god! Seeing as you are no longer going to be running cPanel, why don't you go pollute some other forums. I am sure they are going to rue the day they offended you and your 14 licenses, especially considering that you purchased your licenses from a NOC/reseller that is most likely just going to sell the licenses to someone else.

6. SarcNBit

Hey genius when you buy Microsoft OEM software, the people who bundled the software got a discount from Microsoft in exchange for being responsible for the support of the product. cPanel works the same way. Maybe your friend from eWeek can explain it to you in a way you would understand. That is if they can take time out from not publishing any article about the poor service their friend who is not entitled to service recieved.

7. chadi

chadi BANNED

You're so amusing, no that would stupid. Did I ever mention "OEM". No "genius" make a fool of yourself. Your the biggest prick on the board because you're just plain lifeless and naive for your age, whatever that number is mr."genius". Keep following me like a hemorrhoid just to put your lame efforts to insult me. I guess you business must be so slow that you follow me all the time on the board with stupid comments.

You go genius!

8. SarcNBit

Yes, business is slow. Maybe I should put in a ticket with cPanel and see what they think the problem is.

9. SarcNBit

Did you hear that WHOOSH sound like something just flew right over your head?

let me type it in small pieces for you.

You

did

not

buy

cPanel

from

cPanel

they

do

not

owe

you

support

10. chadi

chadi BANNED

LOL you are so funny, no dummy. You keep following me and following and followwwwwwwwwwwwing................me.

Keep digging your own pit

11. SarcNBit

I hope you share the address so that all of the cPanel users on this forum can be swayed by your plight.

12. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

I'm confused here.

Cazny says:
    SarcNBit replies with:
    then Chadi replies with:

Is cazny and chadi the same person or something? If not, why did chadi reply?

Anyway, on topic ....
    Cazny has 14 servers. I have 2. So it's safe to assume cazny knows more than I do about server management. I got my first server almost 3 years ago now and have contacted cpanel for help 4 or 5 times. Most issues, I go to my NOC for, and even then, I've only had maybe a dozen or so issues to deal with. It's also a FACT that cpanel support is supposed to be from your cpanel license supplier, not cpanel. That's how it works. The problem is that many NOC's are providing cpanel without providing the support. That means they are not doing their job.

I think cpanel had full right to cut of support. As far as your friends, I guess they are just lucky they have not been cut off yet. If you need that much support, get your servers at a place that does provide support.

The cheaper server providers are for those who know how to run a server without needing lots of help. Even with 14 servers, 1 ticket per day sounds to me like you need a server management course, or servers with full support.

That's because all 3 of them are lower priced servers with very little support to make the lower prices possible, but they are still required to provide cpanel support. Free or paid is their choice, but as a cpanel reseller, they are the ones that are supposed to provide support.

BenThomas likes this.
  13. peddler

peddler Active Member

Now, why do I find that hard to believe :D

14. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

That sounds very immature to me. Can I ask how old you are?

I knew 3 years ago that cpanel support was through my cpanel provider, not directly from cpanel. You apparently don't know that because you threaten cpanel for saying they can't keep helping you when you said yourself that you are submitting tickets daily. You're lucky they helped you as long as they did.

15. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I got to the 2 TTs per day part and stopped reading!!! My GOD!!! are you serious? do you want cpanel support to basically fix every issue that your clients have? I mean what's the level of these tickets about? In 4 years and now 8 full servers I have used their TT system one time and that was only to doc a bug many of us were having.. hell I think that wasn't a TT but actually just a bug report. What kind of support have you been asking for? can you give us some examples ..mayeb we can provide a view point that might make us better understand why they would get frustrated with your tickets?

16. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Yes, cazny and chadi are the same person. He quit posting as chadi for a while because people started ignoring the chadi username. He probably has a few other aliases, too. I think some people were beginning to ignore the cazny username, too.

He cannot possibly have 14 servers, because he doesn't even know how to chown a file. 14 servers and that never came up? I don't believe it.
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=29634&highlight=chown

2 tickets per day? Good grief! Good riddance is what cPanel will say.

17. cguimont

cguimont Well-Known Member

I understand cpanel.
    If you ware with servermatrix, you pay 20$/month to get Cpanel.

How can they make money with that if you have 1 ticket / day?
    Imagine he takes 15 mins for each ticket you submit, they do not make any money with you at all. I would strongly recommand to Cpanel to charge thoses high questionner.

But , in fact, what you need is a server admin. Go look for Server management into Add & offers forums.

Also, another tip is that wehn you get to a stable version for you server, keep it and do not update without reasons if it works well.

18. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That explains everything. It explains the abuse of cPanel TT's, it explains the obnoxious attitude and it explains the unprofessional and imature posts.

If you don't like cPanel the company and you have so many problems that you cannot be bothered to sort out yourself, go use a different control panel. Why are you still here?

19. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I like it when I can just quote a post and it says what I wanted to say. Thanks Mike!! :D

20. peddler

peddler Active Member

I didn't realize this either, but looking back at the posts of both usernames, it makes sense.

This user is typical of what we see here all the time, with a twist. They lease a server and expect that Cpanel will do all the admin for them and when their server fails, no matter what the reason, it's Cpanels' fault. Sad really, as Cpanel is a fairly decent program to be used "in conjunction with" admin skills. It's NOT a "do it all" solution. The twist with this person is that he/she is just obnoxious and "expects" help and then really doesn't appreciate it when it's forthcoming.

In my opinion, it's poetic justice that Cpanel support has shelved him/her and it seems that the members here will likely do the same.