The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not possible to succesfully trasfer a cpanel account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gopederick, Oct 8, 2004.

1. gopederick

gopederick Active Member

I searched all through the forums but there is no answer to my problem. I have had this problem before. I have NEVER NOT ONCE succesfully trasfered a cpanel account to another server.... I'm just about ready to belive the cpanel moving accout options are just for show.

I know my tmp drive is not full.
    I know I have more then enough bandwidth power.

I own 2 freebsd servers my old server is fbsd4.8 and my new one is fbsd 5.1. I full out all the options correcting in "Copy an account from another server" After clicking Setup to start it. It does this.

This is a 0 (ZERO) megabyte disk usage accout! It is completly empy, I would be suprised if there was more then 500kb of information in this accounts folder.

Then I try "Copy an account from another server with account password" I get this.

I'm guess it doesn't have access to get the damn file from the /tmp folder on the other server. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

thx for reading,
    rick

#1 gopederick, Oct 8, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  2. gopederick

gopederick Active Member

^ bumpage ^

3. tanfwc

tanfwc Well-Known Member

Maybe you like to backup the account under CPanel and then use wget on the new server and which restore from there...using WHM