Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Not possible to succesfully trasfer a cpanel account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gopederick, Oct 8, 2004.

1. gopederick

gopederick Active Member

I searched all through the forums but there is no answer to my problem. I have had this problem before. I have NEVER NOT ONCE succesfully trasfered a cpanel account to another server.... I'm just about ready to belive the cpanel moving accout options are just for show.

I know my tmp drive is not full.
    I know I have more then enough bandwidth power.

I own 2 freebsd servers my old server is fbsd4.8 and my new one is fbsd 5.1. I full out all the options correcting in "Copy an account from another server" After clicking Setup to start it. It does this.

This is a 0 (ZERO) megabyte disk usage accout! It is completly empy, I would be suprised if there was more then 500kb of information in this accounts folder.

Then I try "Copy an account from another server with account password" I get this.

I'm guess it doesn't have access to get the damn file from the /tmp folder on the other server. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

thx for reading,
    rick

#1 gopederick, Oct 8, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  2. gopederick

gopederick Active Member

^ bumpage ^

3. tanfwc

tanfwc Well-Known Member

Maybe you like to backup the account under CPanel and then use wget on the new server and which restore from there...using WHM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...