Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Not receiving E-mail either by client or webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by sonicblu, Dec 27, 2006.

1. sonicblu

sonicblu Registered

I'm having a major problem trying to get my e-mail. I know there has been e-mail sent to my e-mail address, but it seems I cannot receive any e-mail whatsoever, even if I check it through webmail. I sent myself a test e-mail to the address in question, and it's not arriving at all. This is a problem that had just started happening all of a sudden. I did not make any adjustments to my cpanel settings, nor did I change anything in my e-mail client. The account is obviously still in good standing. I do not receive any error prompts telling me the account is inaccessible. It's like checking into an empty inbox...but it's not empty. I have at least four or five e-mails in my inbox that are just not getting to me. I checked my default e-mail address settings, my SpamAssassin settings, pretty much anything that can prevent my e-mail from being sent to me, and I should be able to receive e-mail, but I'm not. I have important e-mails that I need to have this inbox capable of downloading my mail again. If anyone can help, please respond. Thank you for your time.

2. ullalla

ullalla Well-Known Member

If you have shell access then check the entry for the domain in

/etc/userdomains
    /etc/localdomains
    /etc/trueuserdomains

3. anushkumar

anushkumar Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello sonicblu,

Are you the owner of that server? If not, you should contact your hosting provider and ask them to check the mailservers. If yes, please run :

tail -f /var/log/messages

and let us know what you find there, we cannot tell you anything without the logs or errors.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...