The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not receiving e-mails!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by SJH, Aug 25, 2004.

1. SJH

SJH Registered

Over the past week or two I've noticed a decrease in the amount of e-mails I've been receiving. I thought it was just a decrease in spam to start with, which I liked the idea of, but this morning after logging onto webmail to see what was happening, I realised that hundreds of perfectly legitimate messages have been received by the server but Outlook 2003 hasn't been downloading them for some reason.

I've tried disabling the spam filter, recreating the account in Outlook...I really would like to leave reinstalling Outlook as a last resort. The spam filter on the server prefixes culprit e-mails with "[SPAM]" so I can tell it's not filtering out many of the e-mails I've been missing for no apparent reason.

I can't work out if this is a problem my end or if something's up with the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

-Sam

2. powdermonster

powdermonster Member

The sever SJH is on is running WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.1-R64 & RedHat Enterprise 3 - WHM X v3.1.0.

3. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This is reminiscent of a problem from long ago regarding the cppop.cache bug that was supposedly fixed a long time ago.

In shell, go to /home/username/mail/domainname/mailname and delete the cppop.cache file and try downloading your mail again.