The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not receiving email for certain domains! HELP!!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by datah, Dec 22, 2005.

1. datah

datah Member

Hey guys,

I have been reading around and still cant figure out why my server stopped receiving emails for CERTAIN domains. Even if I try to send email from shell it wont go. For some domains it works, for other it does not.

I removed and reinstalled chirpy's MailScanner installation and nothing! I do see emails going through and getting scanned and everything.

Please help me I got angry customers!

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

Did you checked exim_mainlog for any mail errors?Also make sure that the MX entry is correct and the domain name is added to the /etc/localdomains if the mail is handled on the same server.

3. datah

datah Member

Yes I have been checking exim_mainlog and i see absolutely no errors.

The MX records are correct too.

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

By saying no errors.. you mean you will see the status as delivered on the exim_mainlog ?

5. datah

datah Member

This it what I see

2005-12-22 20:44:08 1EpcuZ-0004AA-E4 <= changed@gmail.com H=(zproxy.gmail.com) [64.233.162.193] P=esmtp S=1227 id=cd8bfa360512221844h286f9247kc29207f58343e6d4@mail.gmail.com

2005-12-22 20:44:35 1EpcuZ-0004AA-E4 => changed@gmail.com <changed@team-unstoppable.com> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [66.249.83.114]

2005-12-22 20:44:35 1EpcuZ-0004AA-E4 Completed

the email changed@team-unstoppable.com is a forwarder to changed@gmail.com (i changed my email to "changed" so i dont get spam :D )

It says completed but I dont receive anything. It is also happening to my customers with regular mailboxes.

6. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

Based on the sample from your exim_mainlog, your server team-unstoppable.com is receiving mail and properly forwarding messages. Once you see that "Complete" notice, the mail is in gmail's hands.

What happens when you send mail to a local mailbox on the server? Does it arrive?

Have you tried a different gmail / yahoo test account - possibly something is being filtered out on their end ?

7. aby

aby Well-Known Member

I would suggest .. removing the forwarders and then try again and see what you see in the exim log. I 'll try to give you a helping hand.. if you need.. PM me

8. datah

datah Member

I did create a mailbox for user@team-unstoppable.com and the email DID arrive but when I create a forwarder it doesnt forward the email which is weird!

Its weird because I already have a forwarder for user@datah.com that forwards email to my gmail account and that one DOES work.

As for my clients that were having issues... all of a sudden emails started getting in again. Im thinking there was some kinds of DNS issue somewhere outside of my hands because I really didnt change anything to correct that.

The only problem I have now is with that team-unstoppable.com forwarder which does not work.

9. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

10. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Also make sure that the /etc/valiases/team-unstoppable.com has permissions 644 and ownership as username:mail

11. datah

datah Member

I still cant get that forwarder for team-unstoppable to work but everyone elses emails work so I wont try to fix it anymore as this is my personal web site. My customers emails are all working fine.

Thanks guys