The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not receiving mail from any domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Williams, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Williams

Williams Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, I'm having trouble with the Cpanel email accounts so this is my case:

1. I had to migrate a entire website, db, and mail to another server (Godaddy in my case).
    2. To migrate mail (5Gb Including all mails and accounts) I had to do it manually following this case: Exporting email accounts through FTP.
    3. Once mail is on new server, decided to test.

So, when I'm testing...

1. Mail accounts can send but can't receive from any domain (Gmail, Outlook... including the local accounts).
    2. Checked and re-checked MX records, according to Godaddy documentation the only MX record that I need is: mail.domain.com with priority set on "0" to setup Cpanel mails accounts.
    3. When I change to another MX record just for testing I receive the common error "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently" (Error 550 5.1.1) and when I put again the required MX record the error disappears... (?)
    4. Also tested creating another new mail account but had no luck with receiving mails.

I'm very confused because I also contact support so the told me that the issue is Cpanel and in my case it's better to buy a Workspace mail plan (LOL).

Hope somebody could help me with this headache :)

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

There is an issues with the MX record of your domain. You can check your mx record and other domain DNS report with intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health site.

If you are using mail.domain.com for the MX record then make sure your mail.domain.com is resolving to new server IP.

3. naveen chauhan

naveen chauhan Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    whats problem in my domain.? thats not crown in the googleboot -

#3 naveen chauhan, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you have root access to this server? If so, please search for one of the affected email addresses in /var/log/exim_mainlog and let us know the output when sending the account a test message:

Code:
    exigrep user@domain /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.