cPanel & WHM Version
v100.0.9

ajaym4a

Nov 27, 2019
INDIA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
i can't receive mail to a particular mail id, the log shows like this

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: 450 4.7.1 <mailstore07.ab2bz.com>: Helo command rejected: Host not found

these both mail ids are unknown, how can i resolve this. actually there was an attack towards this mail id and i changed the password to a strong one.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Is this address one that you are trying to send to, or one that is on your local machine? If this is a local address that can't receive email from a particular sender, this could be caused by the "Require RFC-compliant HELO" option in WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager. However, the issue would be with the sender of the message not following correct email standards.

If this happens when you send a message to a remote address, but sending to other addresses works well, it sounds like an issue with the HELO verification on the remote server.

Could you clarify if the problem is with receiving a message locally or when sending a message to an external address?

ajaym4a

Nov 27, 2019
INDIA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the reply, the issue was the ptr record was not correct. I just update the PTR from server provider side. and also there is an forward email in email filers option, i removed that too.

Reactions: cPRex

ajaym4a

Nov 27, 2019
INDIA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
my current issue was, I cant send mails to gmail from my domain. but i can send to other providers, i believe gmail blacklist my domain/IP. the log was like this,

ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=yes: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 550-5.7.1 [36.255.3.22 19] Our system has detected that this message is\n550-5.7.1 likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending\n550-5.7.1 domain. To best protect our users from spam, the message has been\n550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit\n550 5.7.1 Why has Gmail blocked my messages? - Gmail Help for more information. a13-20020a170902eccd00b00153be60734fsi25383254plh.363 - gsmtp

is there any solution for this. Please reply me as soon as possible if any, thank you.

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
my current issue was, I cant send mails to gmail from my domain. but i can send to other providers, i believe gmail blacklist my domain/IP. the log was like this,

ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=yes: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 550-5.7.1 [36.255.3.22 19] Our system has detected that this message is\n550-5.7.1 likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending\n550-5.7.1 domain. To best protect our users from spam, the message has been\n550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit\n550 5.7.1 Why has Gmail blocked my messages? - Gmail Help for more information. a13-20020a170902eccd00b00153be60734fsi25383254plh.363 - gsmtp

is there any solution for this. Please reply me as soon as possible if any, thank you.
have you tried again to send an email to your Gmail email after fixing the reverse dns PTR. I have received message before as well, but after 1/2 hour or so I was able to send. also check your spam folder. if you see any emails in spam folder in Gmail from your server make sure to not delete them - Just click its not spam so Gmail knows this server is not sending spam to your account.

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
also there is an forward email in email filers option, i removed that too.
was that forward email your email address did you add that ?

ajaym4a

Nov 27, 2019
INDIA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
have you tried again to send an email to your Gmail email after fixing the reverse dns PTR. I have received message before as well, but after 1/2 hour or so I was able to send. also check your spam folder. if you see any emails in spam folder in Gmail from your server make sure to not delete them - Just click its not spam so Gmail knows this server is not sending spam to your account.
there is no messages in spam, i checked. its rejecting while hitting google servers.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I also am not able to see that page - here is the correct link: How to Configure Reverse DNS in WHM | cPanel & WHM Documentation

However, it's important to realize this likely will not work. Unless your server has been granted the authority to host its own reverse DNS, which is rare and usually only happens if someone purchases a large block of IP addresses, you'll want to contact your hosting provider to have them set that up.

Reactions: Spirogg