Not Receiving Server Emails

Skhilled44

Jul 15, 2017
Reading, PA, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, we've suddenly stop receiving server emails. The 2 email addresses we have in Basic WebHost Manager® Setup & Contact Manager are correct and have not been changed in a long time.

I have noticed that when I go to Contact Manager -> Notifications that nothing is checked and whenever I do check anything and then click save nothing remains checked!

Lately, I've noticed that we've had a few issues where "nobody" had taken over files and directories. I've run a check to see which ones are owned by it and they are mostly /tmp dirs, mod_speed, or other caching files and dirs.

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

Skhilled44

Jul 15, 2017
Reading, PA, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, cPanelAnthony.

There is nothing in the queue at all. There are no transactions in the log either. I am getting some emails such as backups and wptoolkit, etc. emails but not all, especially server logins.

Shouldn't the Contact Notifications remain checked after saving? That is what is the strangest to me, atm.

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, cPanelAnthony.

There is nothing in the queue at all. There are no transactions in the log either. I am getting some emails such as backups and wptoolkit, etc. emails but not all, especially server logins.

Shouldn't the Contact Notifications remain checked after saving? That is what is the strangest to me, atm.
Would you be able to open a support ticket using the link in my signature and update me with the ID? You can also ask your web hosting provider to open one if you can't.

Skhilled44

Jul 15, 2017
Reading, PA, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sorry, for not replying soon, mostly because of the holidays and also because I purchased the license through Hetzner Online GmbH and they refuse to support it except through their forums and it would take forever there, if at all.

Id #94399915

Last edited:

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Skhilled44 It looks like we suggested you enable some options in WHM.

Notifications
  • Send a notification upon successful root login when the IP address is not on the whitelist
  • Send a notification upon successful root login when the IP address is not on the whitelist, but from a known netblock
  • Send a notification when the system detects a brute force user
Are you still experiencing any issues?

Skhilled44

Jul 15, 2017
Reading, PA, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Just a follow up... After sending a support ticket they said it was a ConfigServer issue.

I paid someone else to look at this and they fixed it. It had nothing to do with CSF. It was permissions and ownership for sendmail! I figured it was a cPanel issue! :(