Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Not resolving own domain

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Gustavo Feijo, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Gustavo Feijo

Gustavo Feijo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've my own server running cPanel/WHM. The hostname is hosting.exemple.com. I add some other domains I own too (exemple-01.com, exemple-02.com etc).

At the registar, godaddy.com, I've set ns-01.exemple.com and ns-02.exemple.com (running onlydns cpanel "distro") as my master and slave servers.

The zone record for exemple.com is hosted on DurableDNS service. Now I want to migrate the exemple.com zone to my own server (hosting.exemple.com) where all other domains are. So I configured all records for exemple.com (www, ftp etc) on my server.

The problem is, when I run dig @ns-01.exemple.com www.exemple.com I got a SERVFAIL and (obviously) no answer. When I run dig @ns-01.exemple.com www.exemple-01.com it works fine.

On cPanel > Domains > Advanced DNS Zone Editor the zone exemple.com apears and all records are correctly set.

What (where) am I missing?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Did you change the name servers for the domain name at the domain registrar (as opposed to just creating/registering the name servers)? Is this reflected on a website such as IntoDNS?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...