The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not running BIND, but getting lots of error messages

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by furtherahead, Nov 28, 2002.

1. furtherahead

furtherahead Member

Hi Everyone/Anyone that can help...

I'm new to CPanel and WHM... I've just run through the initial config and I chose not to run DNS on my server, and I am using another company's nameservers.

I've been getting email messages from the get go that tell me that BIND is trying to restart automagicly and it failed. I look in the Service Manager and it shows me that BIND is disabled. I also list all current processes and named is nowhere to be found.

How do I change to config to stop emailing me telling me there is a problem with BIND when I am not even wanting to run it?

Thanks in advance...
    Derek.
    dfeather@magma.ca

2. jimbo762

jimbo762 Member

Same problem

Got the same issue, but dont think it is worthy of a trouble ticket.
    If someone knows, where do you tell it to ignore bind errors, cuz it aint supposed to be running, and i am getting a bunch of emails telling me this.

3. furtherahead

furtherahead Member

resolved

OK -- figured it out...

The problem was that I had initially set up the server to run slave DNS... then I tried to tell it to become master, and it just didn't like it.

It was resolved with /scripts/unslavenamedconf